FS9 Crashes on Splash Screen

MarkNZ

G'day forum of expert simmers, have spent the best part of today trying to figure out what I maybe able to do here without the full on re-stall.

I havent added any scenery or repaints for over a month and yesterday I started to get the Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. It would do it once and then load the sim fine. That all changed today it gets to building database for new scenery and thats as far as I get. Always at 81%.

I have done the following;

Checked for an up to date DirectX

Manually went through and changed all add on scenery to FALSE to see if deactivating them would work

Moved all my traffic bar the default cessna from my Aircraft folder

Rebuilt the FS9.cfg

Deleted all the Scenery.dat files

Updated my drivers

Deleted all flightplans

And unless one of you kind people can offer something I havent tried im an eyelash away from the a compete re-install and while not the end of the world a massive pain in the backside

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark, try moving all non-default modules out of the Modules folder and launch FS again. Anything added by a scenery installer needs to be moved, as it may have become corrupted and need uninstalling/re-installing.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Are you starting with the default flight which is the C172 at KSEA Rwy32? I mean the default C172 and KSEA scenery, no add-on AI, mesh, photoscenery or landclass?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

G'day forum of expert simmers, have spent the best part of today trying to figure out what I maybe able to do here without the full on re-stall.

I havent added any scenery or repaints for over a month and yesterday I started to get the Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. It would do it once and then load the sim fine. That all changed today it gets to building database for new scenery and thats as far as I get. Always at 81%.

I have done the following;

Checked for an up to date DirectX

Manually went through and changed all add on scenery to FALSE to see if deactivating them would work

Moved all my traffic bar the default cessna from my Aircraft folder

Rebuilt the FS9.cfg

Deleted all the Scenery.dat files

Updated my drivers

Deleted all flightplans

And unless one of you kind people can offer something I havent tried im an eyelash away from the a compete re-install and while not the end of the world a massive pain in the backside

Cheers

Mark

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you remove ALL of the Default Airplanes except for the

Cessna C-172?

Alan :confused:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Yep ive since put them back in I was trying everything and anything I could think of

It is not a good idea to remove any of the default aircraft. Having said that it sounds like your scenery.cfg file may be corrupted. Can you post the contents on here.

Not knowing for sure what operating system you are on here is how you find it in Windows 7. It should give you enough to find it in any OS.

1. Open your control panel

2. Open System and Security

3. Under Administrative Tools click on View Event Logs

4. In the menu on the left expand the Windows logs

5. Click on Application.

You should now see any errors that have occurred on your machine. I would suggest you clear the log (option for that is on the right side "Clear Log"). Close out the event viewer. Start FS9 and let it crash. Go back to your even viewer and see what you find. If you do find an event connected to FS9 that has a red error message you can cut and paste that information here for everyone to see. Now people will have something to go on. :)

Hope this Helps.

Ross

Not knowing for sure what operating system you are on here is how you find it in Windows 7. It should give you enough to find it in any OS.

1. Open your control panel

2. Open System and Security

3. Under Administrative Tools click on View Event Logs

4. In the menu on the left expand the Windows logs

5. Click on Application.

You should now see any errors that have occurred on your machine. I would suggest you clear the log (option for that is on the right side "Clear Log"). Close out the event viewer. Start FS9 and let it crash. Go back to your even viewer and see what you find. If you do find an event connected to FS9 that has a red error message you can cut and paste that information here for everyone to see. Now people will have something to go on. :)

Hope this Helps.

Ross

Thanks Ross it appears that its and FE module issue;

+ System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2015-07-28T01:51:53.000000000Z

EventRecordID 61590

Channel Application

Computer User-PC

Security

- EventData

fs9.exe

4135a208

FE.DLL

4135a88e

c0000005

fc4

01d0c8d7f584203e

C:\FS Games\fs9.exe

C:\FS Games\MODULES\FE.DLL

38273df8-34cb-11e5-b5eb-20cf3075c44b

I think its to do with Scenery textures on my AI aircraft having googled the mod issue Ill get searching for 32-bit and DXT's to start with

Thanks again

Mark

And while im going I ran a DXT3Fixer and this is the log that was displayed, is one of these a possible culprit too ??

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bangkok-Suvnarabhumi Intl (VTBS)\texture\gate02_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bauerfield International Airport (NVVV)\texture\cratesnwood.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bauerfield International Airport (NVVV)\texture\GSE_misc_parts.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bauerfield International Airport (NVVV)\texture\pipes1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bauerfield International Airport (NVVV)\texture\vert_sc.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Bauerfield International Airport (NVVV)\texture\vgse1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Delhi Indira Ghandi Airport (VIDP)\Texture\gate2.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Delhi Indira Ghandi Airport (VIDP)\Texture\gate2_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Delhi Indira Ghandi Airport (VIDP)\Texture\gate_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\AFSTPART.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\AFSTPART_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\AFSTWALL.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\AFSTWALL_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\CONTRK11.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\CONTRK11_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\GNDASR12.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\GNDASR12_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\HNGLPART.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\HNGLPART_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\HNGSPAN1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\HNGSPAN1_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\LIGBEAM11.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\LIGBEAM11_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\PLOCA_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\TANKROOF.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\TANKROOF_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\VMAA21ALL.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\VMAA21ALL_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Doha- Hamad International Airport Intl(OTHH)\Texture\v_road_giber.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Eiresim Dublin 2009\Dublin Airport (EIDW)\Texture\blend_1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\corr_metal.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\equitytug.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\equitytug_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\ltshangar2.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\ltshangar2_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\mtn__apronbus.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\mtn__apronbus_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\SAA.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\SAA_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\tripad_lg.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\tripad_lg_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\YLGC_RadioShack.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery Library\texture\YLGC_RadioShack_Lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Kington Norman Manley Intl (MKJP)\Texture\electricpole.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Kington Norman Manley Intl (MKJP)\Texture\gcmtittlesterm_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Kington Norman Manley Intl (MKJP)\Texture\LED_lights.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Kington Norman Manley Intl (MKJP)\Texture\sjoremote_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Kington Norman Manley Intl (MKJP)\Texture\whiteline.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Milan Malpensa (LIMC)\texture\LIMC_segnvert2.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Milan Malpensa (LIMC)\texture\LIMC_segnvert2_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Milan Malpensa (LIMC)\texture\LIMC_segnvert3.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Milan Malpensa (LIMC)\texture\LIMC_segnvert3_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Nadi, Fiji International (NFFN)\Texture\gate2.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Nadi, Fiji International (NFFN)\Texture\gate2_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Nadi, Fiji International (NFFN)\Texture\NANsign_00.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Nadi, Fiji International (NFFN)\Texture\NANsign_back_00.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\New Plymouth Airport (NZNP)\Texture\hospital_naki1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\New Plymouth Airport (NZNP)\Texture\nakicity1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\New Plymouth Airport (NZNP)\Texture\nakiport_1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\New Plymouth Airport (NZNP)\Texture\nakiterm1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\New Plymouth Airport (NZNP)\Texture\nzheli_1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Rwy12 Library\Texture\corr_metal.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Rwy12 Library\Texture\ltshangar2.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Rwy12 Library\Texture\ltshangar2_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Rwy12 Library\Texture\tripad_lg.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Rwy12 Library\Texture\tripad_lg_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Vancouver International Airport (CYVR)\Texture\BCIT.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Vancouver International Airport (CYVR)\Texture\fairmont_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Vancouver International Airport (CYVR)\Texture\tlight1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\apronmarks2_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\banda.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\banda_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\beton.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\gate2_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\red.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport (EPWA)\Texture\trees.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Addon Scenery\Zurich Airport (LSZH)\texture\GR_001.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\102.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\102_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\103.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\103_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\104.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\104_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\108.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\108_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\109.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\109_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\114.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\114_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\57_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\58_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\62.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\62_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\65.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\65_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\66.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\66_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\75.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\75_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\76.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\76_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\77.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\77_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\82_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\83.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\83_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\88.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\88_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\91.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\91_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\95.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\95_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\96.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\96_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\97.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\97_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\98.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\98_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\grassdet_wi.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\Amsterdam Schiphol\Texture\spec.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\aerosoft\London Heathrow 2008\Texture\fire.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Aircraft\EvolveAI A321-100-200\texture.AirBusan\DJC_A321_IAE_t.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Aircraft\HTAI De Havilland DHC6 Twin Otter\texture.AirVanuatu\dhc6.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Aircraft\United Traffic Team B747-800-F\texture.AtlasAir\AI_747_800_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Aircraft\United Traffic Team B747-800-F\texture.EtihadAtlas\AI_747_800_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\OHare\texture\kord_roof_03_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\OHare\texture\Kord_T13.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\OHare\texture\Kord_T13_HW.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\OHare\texture\Kord_T13_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_DET_07.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_DET_07_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_DET_09_LM.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_Tile_T0.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_Tile_T17.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_Tile_T8.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\FSdreamteam\PHNL\texture\PHNL_Tile_T9.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_tb1_2_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_tb3_4.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_tb3_4_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_tb9_10_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_w1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_w10_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\air_w1_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\C9-sc12.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\C9-sc12_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\C9-sc9.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\eureka night.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\halo.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\LargeAirport_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\latinvfKINautogen.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\MediumAirport_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\sky_w_red3_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\sky_w_white1.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\sky_w_white1_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\SmallAirport_lm.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\FS Games\Texture\windows eureka.bmp

MarkNZ,

I hate to say this, and you probably don't want to hear it, but...

From the look of things, you're probably better off repairing your Scenery with DXT3Fixer, then doing a Complete Re-Install of FS9. You've got so many little things going on with AI, Scenery and CTD's that trying to 'repair' everything will leave you in a bigger mess than what you already have.

Yes, it's a PITA but in this instance, you'll be better off in the long run.

Alan :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I hate to say this, and you probably don't want to hear it, but...

From the look of things, you're probably better off repairing your Scenery with DXT3Fixer, then doing a Complete Re-Install of FS9. You've got so many little things going on with AI, Scenery and CTD's that trying to 'repair' everything will leave you in a bigger mess than what you already have.

Huh? Repair ... but "repair" will leave in bigger mess? Am I reading this wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Huh? Repair ... but "repair" will leave in bigger mess? Am I reading this wrong?

Trying to apply smaller fixes, without knowing the Root cause of the problem. Removing Default Aircraft, then re-installing them. Errors in Scenery textures. Modules causing CTD's... lots of things going on here.

So, gwillmot... how would you fix the OP's issues?

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

So, gwillmot... how would you fix the OP's issues?

Was just curious as to why one would repair scenery then do total reinstall of sim.

Me, I'd do total reinstall of sim, then deal with scenery DXT3fixer as I reintroduced sceneries one by one .... confirm proper operation of sim and then proceed to next.

lI was with you except for order .... repair scenery (not knowing effect) then reinstall sim .... just say'n. Try to troubleshoot one thing at a time is what I was taught.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was just curious as to why one would repair scenery then do total reinstall of sim.

Me, I'd do total reinstall of sim, then deal with scenery DXT3fixer as I reintroduced sceneries one by one .... confirm proper operation of sim and then proceed to next.

lI was with you except for order .... repair scenery (not knowing effect) then reinstall sim .... just say'n. Try to troubleshoot one thing at a time is what I was taught.

I was thinking that he could get the Scenery issues squared away with DXTFixer, since it found so many Textures that needed to be converted over. I don't think Scenery is the cause of the OP's CTD's, so it's just housekeeping.

Then he could do a full re-install of FS9, drop in the AI and see if he gets a CTD. If not, then re-install the Scenery, run the Sim again and see if that took care of it too.

Of course, your method works, too! :cool:

Alan :p

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived