moving raindrops in 3d canopy

joder

I believe you have to add a line to the [Effects] section of each plane.

The line reads windshield_rain_effect_available=1

As well, adding in https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=122469 From the library here helps, altho I believe that the file https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=83057 also in the Library is the best "VC-Rain on the windshield" effect available.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks PhantomTweak for the answer.

I did it all that you said and, some of them have "that line" (in aircraft.cfg) and some others dont.

I tried with ALL the files (FSX, 2004...) of both downloads but, doesnt work for me.

Tried with differents weather (allways with rain) themes and nothing happend.

Dont know how can i fix this thing... maeby its because im using prepar3d V.2.5?

What could be...? pffff.

Are you not seeing any raindrops on the VC windshields? I have several aircraft, also with working wipers that have good VC rain effects. I always thought the VC windshield glass had to have special textures for them.

Like this:

737 rain.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Absolutly nothing, just like isnt rain with or without wipers :(

Maeby its because some different "lines" on config in p3d v 2.5... dont know.

Don't feel bad....None of the default aircraft will show rain on the VC windshields. 2D only. It's a glass texture thing! No 3rd party addon (other than the 737 and 747 cockpit upgrades by Alrot) will add the feature of rain and wipers for the VC.

A big thread over at AVSIM several months ago was about the fact that PMDG left that feature off of the 737s.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You're right fella, thanks again for your answer.

The point is that i had lot of disapoit with this simulator since years, and i left but allways come back to the "loco thing".

Its the same with weapons and bombs in this simulator, i'd never make it Works (explosions) and i tried everything... everything... for sure, but...

Archived