Disappointed in propliners

vulvador

I've downloaded the Constellations, the DC6, the Convairs and none of them seem to be able to climb higher than 9000' without stalling. It's frustrating because the old propliner routes are fun. Most of the ones I've downloaded were Fs2004 upgraded to FSX but FSX doesn't seem to like them. Anybody out there with similar experiences or better ones? The Super G Constellation had a service ceiling of 25000 and a cruising speed of over 300 kias.

When you say stall out, are you saying that the engines quit running? I had my Constellation up over FTL220 and many of the Manfred Jahn models at least that high.

Are you making sure to get the prop RPMs down into the safe green area (2500) shortly after takeoff? Very important for that and the manifold pressure to be in the safe zones.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

After the first loss of power, I began to suspect that paying attention to the rpms and mp were important ... but haven't been totally successful in managing them. What fpm vertical climb do you use? I haven't flown technically sensitive aircraft very much but it sounds like I need to learn more. BTW, I wonder how many people remember Zippy and his antics in SFO ... ;)) Thanks, again!

As well as adjusting mixtures and manifold pressures. I wouldn't suggest climbing using V/S. The autopilot will attempt to maintain the commanded V/S at the expense of airspeed. In this case, you will run out of puff!

Have a look in the manuals or even do a little research into what IAS you should climb at for each aircraft. Much safer and how we do it in the real world.

Cheers,

Strikey

Embraer E190 Driver

It's been a long time since I have flown my Connie but, if I remember correctly, there is also a supercharger on the Flight Engineer's panel which needs to be 'managed', as well as the mixture ...Best regards,Dave.
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

My thanks to all the knowledge people who responded to my posting! I've been able to apply the suggestions, especially regarding MP and mixture ... I decided to use automixture and just completed a great flight at FL160 from Rome to Zurich ... limiting climb to 500fpm and not carrying more fuel than I need helped. I did stepclimb to FL160 ... I'm sure I could've gone to FL200 and am looking forward to many more enjoyable flights in the Connie. thanks, again, to all!

Archived