Windows Updates on New PC

I have never had a issue with any win7 updates on my system which is also FSX dedicated.

Darryl

AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

Thanx darryl

Yeah, I was reading somewhere ( I think Avsim ) that MS had givin in, and one of the latest updates devoted alot of our pc resources, to gathering info of how, when, where We us our pc, then was selling to perspective buyers.......

Probably not true.

Randy

Thanx darryl

Yeah, I was reading somewhere ( I think Avsim ) that MS had givin in, and one of the latest updates devoted alot of our pc resources, to gathering info of how, when, where We us our pc, then was selling to perspective buyers.......

Probably not true.

Randy

Microsoft does have their Customer Experience Improvement Program for tracking how users use their PCs. It's for their internal use though, and can be disabled.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee126127(v=ws.10).aspx

KB3035583 apparently generates annoying pop ups pestering users to upgrade to Win 10. If you choose not to install it, you will need to hide the update in windows updates to prevent it from auto installing again since this is marked “important”.

And odd things with KB3004375 and KB3031432:

It appears that a System File Cleanup uninstalls these 2 updates. After running the cleanup, when shutting down, the machine goes through the “don’t turn off, Windows is updating” process, and likewise when turning back on. The updates will then appear as new available updates. Google indicated others have found the same. I simply reinstalled the 2 updates – appears OK.

Cheers, Grae.

Archived