PMDG 737NGX -800/900 Base Package for FSX

Hello everyone. I have a question. I recently purchased the PMDG 737NGX -800/900 Base Package for FSX. As soon as it loads up after clicking "Fly now", the plane starts at full throttle by itself and won't even let me slow it down or cut off the engines? It just keeps going at full throttle from the git-go !!! Why is it doing this? Shouldn't it be fully stopped once it loads, where I would manually do everything?

Shouldn't be any different than any other plane. Do other planes do the same?

Is the throttle at zero when you load the sim, and load the flight?

Try loading the trike first, and if it's normal, then select the NGX from the aircraft

menu.

I don't use the "fly now" menu, so I don't know if that would have any effect or not.

My startup flight is the trike at Houston Southwest Airport, and FSX loads directly to

that flight when it starts up. I don't see the fly now menu at all as I have the startup

menu turned off.

Normally your issue would be throttle hardware or a calibration problem, same as it

would any other plane.

Can't think of any reason it should be doing that unless maybe the A/T is on,

and TOGA set or something.

Which should not be the case at all when loading any of the default panel states.

I assume when this happens A/T is not even armed or on.

Weird.. You might have to check with PMDG support if you can't get it to act right.

I've never had anything like that happen. If my throttle calibration gets whacked out,

it effects all planes.

FSX boxed or SE?

What the PMDG NGX does when it is loaded depends on the default panel state. Try to set the "Cold and Dark" as default panel state using the FMC. Then the plane should at least be powered down and you can check what the throttle levers do in the cockpit. She is initializing and counting down the seconds once the sim has finished loading, yes?

Do you use any external controllers? Like Saitek panels etc.? Plus, maybe you have an axis assignment conflict or a button triggering TOGA (there is a clickspot for it in the cockpit, make sure you don't hit it by accident). Do you use FSUIPC or default FSX for controller management?

mallcott: I'll try that! Thanks for your reply :D

MBKHOU: Thanks again! I'll try that as well.

Hi, nuitkati. Thanks for your reply. Boxed FSX, and yes it does the 20 second countdown, that's when the plane starts going at full throttle and won't even let me shut the engines off. I have the Saitek Multi panel. I use default FSX controller management.

mallcott: I'll try that! Thanks for your reply :D

MBKHOU: Thanks again! I'll try that as well.

Hi, nuitkati. Thanks for your reply. Boxed FSX, and yes it does the 20 second countdown, that's when the plane starts going at full throttle and won't even let me shut the engines off. I have the Saitek Multi panel. I use default FSX controller management.

Hi, what driver are you using with the panel? Saitek or SPAD? You should unplug it and try the NGX again. The panel kinda works with the NGX when using SPAD and the special NGX mode (I'm using this), but AFAIK it does not work very well with the Saitek drivers. The autothrottle switch could be your troublemaker or the autopilot.

And I strongly suggest setting cold and dark as default, so the plane will stay put, whatever controller interference there might be.

Archived