Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

usb777

This error is new to me. Can someone help me out? Seemed random.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18798, time stamp: 0x5507b3e0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00033236

Faulting process id: 0xbdc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b7290ff6e66b

Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 3141bdfe-2352-11e5-81fe-e03f498468c0

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Mentioned many times in the forum. NTDLL.DLL errors occur when sliders are too high for your system. I got it several times when I had my airline AI slider too high, or my water slider too high, and so on.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That would make sence. I run my sliders pretty high most of the time. Probably the water maxed out. With Active Sky though it sure looks nice. I get mesmerized. As long as I kinda know what causes the crash. I know whenever I turn things down a bit I never have any trouble. Thanks mrzippy! I don't worry to much about the FSX program just my Computer itself, I am a beginner there. I know my build is pretty good but I payed some to put it together though did help as to learn.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Perfect rig for FSX, that's for sure. Who helped you do the BIOS setup? And are you using the AISuite program? It is vital to setup both for max performance with the fans regulated according to CPU and GPU temps. What is the freq you are running? 4.5 Ghz? You could benefit from a 'mild' overclock.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I have AISuite but not to sure how it works. I just went into it and I believe a now have it set to high performence. The BIOS I know how to get there at start up but don't know much else. I would like to learn more about getting the most out of my build. I almost always max out my water but sett AI traffic 50% except boats at 100%. Airport ground traffic turned off. I really very seldom get a freeze up or a ctd. Guess I am lucky with hundreds of add ons and AI.

Mike G.

I have the exact same issue with the fault module. I tried to reduce my settings a little (from ultra high to high) yet, the program crashed, citing the same fault module. I then fired up FSX and tried Reset Default Settings. The program crashed again.

How might I go about reducing the settings without the ntdll.dll causing a program crash? Can I replace the faulty module with another of the same name?

Mitchell G.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard, AMD FX4350 Quad-Core @ 4.21 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Win 7 64bit, GeForce GT-640 video card, Samsung 1.0 Gb SSD.

I have the exact same issue with the fault module. I tried to reduce my settings a little (from ultra high to high) yet, the program crashed, citing the same fault module. I then fired up FSX and tried Reset Default Settings. The program crashed again.

How might I go about reducing the settings without the ntdll.dll causing a program crash? Can I replace the faulty module with another of the same name?

Mitchell G.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard, AMD FX4350 Quad-Core @ 4.21 Ghz, 16Gb RAM, Win 7 64bit, GeForce GT-640 video card, Samsung 1.0 Gb SSD.

No, you can't really replace that module! Type in NTDLL.DLL into the forum search and start reading other threads that mention this faulting module.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 1 year later...
The NTDLL.dll is not just caused by the sliders being too high because my sliders are towards the bottom and I'm still getting CTDs, I personally realised this problem happening more after installing ORBX FTX Global, for me I believe that is the culprit and my pc is built for the simulator so I know its not being overclocked.

I have got my sliders down and have been made to get the best with what my pc can handle, I am using Thomas Ruth A330's and I'm certain they don't cause too much of a spike in the CPU usage and I have little sceneries installed so I still doubt it is completely a settings kind of problem.

Archived