A330 Speed (KIAS)

Hi,

I recently my posted a thread regarding A321 speed, It was limited at 400 KIAS but I found out that's normal, but I'm not sure the A330 should be limited at 400 KIAS because IT usually cruises at about 480KIAS I belive. I have the Thomas Ruth A330-200. Is there anything I can do about his or is this normal?

Thank you.

Is there anything I can do about his or is this normal?

It is normal, though 400 sounds really high if you are talking about indicated airspeed.

The first thing I would suggest you do is read this- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

...the A330 should be limited at 400 KIAS because IT usually cruises at about 480KIAS I belive.

That's 480 KTAS, that is, TRUE airspeed, not INDICATED airspeed (KIAS), as mgh indicates. The difference is caused by air density changes with altitude changes (density altitude), since the airspeed indicator works from air pressure changes with speed variations (that ram air into the pitot tube). You can get more info from the Real Aviation FAQ below, under Speeds and Altitudes. You can also search the web for "density altitude" (without the quotes, of course).

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived