TDS 737 Max 8 problems

Hey everyone,

Just installed the TDS 737 Max 8 base package and installed all the stuff for it to work in fsx and it will not work, it just doesn't show up in the menu, can anyone help me?

Thanks,

HD

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

Check the aircraft.cfg file. Quite often you will find errors there. Extra spaces where they are not required, and incorrect model types etc. Look at a cfg file from another working aircraft if you are not sure of the format.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

I frankly avoid all things TDS. In their quest to combat piracy, their models are a pain in the arse to install and, in the simulator, are borderline unusable. I still cannot get any sound or VC to work at all, and I know exactly what I am doing.

Like theYorks said check the .cfg file. I found that the model names and the aircraft.cfg don't always agree, so nothing shows up.

http://vnorthwest.com/lib/signatures/NWA3004.png

Great VA! Join me at http://www.vnorthwest.com :)

I frankly avoid all things TDS. In their quest to combat piracy, their models are a pain in the arse to install and, in the simulator, are borderline unusable. I still cannot get any sound or VC to work at all, and I know exactly what I am doing.

Like theYorks said check the .cfg file. I found that the model names and the aircraft.cfg don't always agree, so nothing shows up.

Same here. I couldn't even get the lights to turn on.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

It should show up fine if you placed all of the FSX folders into the TDS aircraft folder and have all of the appropriate boxes checked in your aircraft select page to show all model, mfgrs, variations, etc. It doesn't have a thumbnail.jpg but should show the ?aircraft under TDS, not Boeing.

TDS.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm with Mr. Zippy. I installed the TDS 737 Max 8 according to their directions, and everything works just fine. I also then followed their directions and replaced the VC with one from the 737 NG. Nice plane, nice cockpit, nice livery -- what's not to like?

FSX Acceleration with FreeMeshX, SceneryTech, FTX Global Base + Vector, FTX AUS NZNI NZSI

Dell Precision M4400 laptop (Intel Core2Duo @ 3GHz; 4GB RAM; nVidia FX770M)

Saitek AV8R-01 joystick; 64-bit Win7 Ultimate; FSEconomy (as fun as it gets!)

Can someone give me step by step instructions to get this installed because the ones it came with were not specific?

Also the textures did not come with a texture.cfg file in them, is that a problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

The download has 3 folder in it...Effects, FSX, and TDS Max8.

Copy all of the Effects to your FSX/Effects folder.

Copy all of the contents of the FSX folder to the TDS Max 8 folder overwriting everything.

Paste the TDS Max 8 folder into your SimObjects/Airplanes folder. (make sure you don't have a TDS Max 8 folder inside of another TDS max 8 folder.)

What textures did you download and what do you mean by a texture.cfg?

• 4 years later...
Can someone give me step by step instructions to get this installed because the ones it came with were not specific?

Also the textures did not come with a texture.cfg file in them, is that a problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

The TDS 737max (multi liveries) that I downloaded today was packaged in a .exe installation file. I ran that and the installer did all the rest. My issue was when I wanted to add the Sunwings paint. All went well except for some reason, it messed with the VC...instruments missing and pitch blackness.

Anyone have any ideas?

The TDS 737max (multi liveries) that I downloaded today was packaged in a .exe installation file. I ran that and the installer did all the rest. My issue was when I wanted to add the Sunwings paint. All went well except for some reason, it messed with the VC...instruments missing and pitch blackness.

Anyone have any ideas?

Did you uninstall the Sunwings paint? Do you think it did permanent damage to the VC?