FSX Gold and windows 10

mag357

Hi everyone, I would just like to know if anyone is running fsx gold on a windows 10 computer and if you are, is everything running fine? Microsoft is offering windows 10 free as of late July and before I download and install I would like to make sure it is ok with FSX Gold.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone, I would just like to know if anyone is running fsx gold on a windows 10 computer and if you are, is everything running fine? Microsoft is offering windows 10 free as of late July and before I download and install I would like to make sure it is ok with FSX Gold.

Thanks

I reinstalled FSX after Windows 10. Had one good flight yesterday. Today, I've got sound and a blank screen. May want to wait on Win 10.

TGrogan

The only problem I am getting is jagged textures since upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday.

Anyone got any fix ideas please.

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Turn AA on in FSX.

Use the NV Control Panel to further adjust if needed.

Why would my resolution settings be any different in Windows 10 than 7 when all was working fine.

I have a AMD graphics card not Nvidia as shown in my signature panel.

Have you installed Windows 10 drivers for the GPU?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I had sound, and black screen problems. Under settings, I switched to DirectX 10, and the game runs fine with no black screens now. I can also play in windowed mode, rather than full screen in either DX9c, or DX10.

As for sound, my issue was I had to delete my sound card drivers, and re-install new drivers for windows 10.

Most everything works better than it did before windows 10, expect for a couple texture overlaps at airports.

I am not saying this is going to fix your issues, but it did work for me.

Yes Doug. That came up automatically as soon as Windows 10 installed.

Hi Timber-Ghost

I had none of the issues you had but I did try the DirectX 10 thing which made the graphics worse not better.

I installed Win10 on my FSX machine yesterday. I've had it in a Surface for a little over a week. FSX is running perfectly, no settings changes. In fact, if anything I see one big improvement. I have a few airplanes that slide all over the ground, like its on ice. I've only tested one of those airplanes, but that's fixed on it.

I installed Win10 on my FSX machine yesterday. I've had it in a Surface for a little over a week. FSX is running perfectly, no settings changes. In fact, if anything I see one big improvement. I have a few airplanes that slide all over the ground, like its on ice. I've only tested one of those airplanes, but that's fixed on it.

As there are no files replaced or modified by the Win 10 installation against the FSX installation, what you say is completely, utterly and totally incomprehensible.

Perhaps for the benefit of your fellow simmers you cold explain how that has come about and which files you believe to have been changed ?

Win 10 disinformation is rife across the web, and particularly disastrous in these forums. I strongly urge the forum owners to consider hiving off all this rubbish into a dedicated Win 10 forum, where seasoned, experienced members can ignore it.

There is no gain in using FSX under Win 10. All benefits are coming from a fresh install into an unbloated OS.

Nothing more.

One thing I wanted to tell folks, is that when using the top menu bar in full screen mode and selecting the map or changing aircraft, you get a black window. This is due to the strange way Windows 10 gives permission/or denies permission to applications that wants to exit/interrupt the full screen mode. One way to avoid the black screens is to use full screen windowed mode. The other way, the method I chose, was to get Steve's DX 10 fix program. The black windows don't occur in DX 10 mode. As a bonus, using Steve's DX 10 fix program, I gained a small FPS performance increase (5-8) as well as a minor reduction in the use of VAS.

I don't have any problems in Windowed Mode.

Yes Mallcott, I too had a small performance increase in FSX. No it was not a clean Win 10 install. Now you can ignore this discussion because you are a seasoned, experienced member.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

i try to install my gold version onto win 10 and the install just gets stuck at removing applications ? It just stops or do you have to give a lot of time ? i don't have any previous applications as this is a new pc . any help appreciated .

i try to install my gold version onto win 10 and the install just gets stuck at removing applications ? It just stops or do you have to give a lot of time ? i don't have any previous applications as this is a new pc . any help appreciated .

What OS came with your new PC?

Cheers,

i have win 10 for 4 days.

for sure fsx works much faster! and smooth.

my pc is i7 4790k,gtx770, 8gb.

i dont install nvidia expirience and no 3d components , for my expirience they caused me

similar problems.

i use 353.62 nvidia.

it came with win 7 64 bit and then just recently upgraded to win 10 . it still will not install the program it gets as far as removing applications and just freezes .

You did install FSX when your new PC was under Win 7, maybe/right? Is it possible you uninstalled FSX before upgrading to Win 10? If this is the case, you might not have uninstalled FSX completely and when you upgrade to the new OS that was carried over. So:

a.- Be the first (you might not be btw, just saying) to completely removed FSX when the uninstall failed under Win 10. There is a bunch writing on the subject on this forum about FSX failed removals under Win 7 and 8. There shouldn't be any reasons not to work under Win 10.

b.- Get the ISO file and key for your Win 10 now and make a re-bootable installation DVD. Format C:\ drive and re-install Win 10 from the ground up. Then afterward, install FSX again.

Cheers,

No, it was never on this PC before, even when i had win 7 there . I will consider your options before i go that route , almost suspect win 10 should have been done by a clean install and not by upgrade , however every other game i have works just fine and have no issues .

Thanks for the help

Apologies it finally installed i just did not wait long enough while the remove applications did its thing over 10 minutes so naturally thought it had glitched . It runs fairly well all settings maxed out under win 10.

Thanks for the help , see you in the friendly skies !

Archived