Question about FSX Helicopter Autopilot gauge, Dirk Fassbender/ Antti Pankonen.

Hello Fellow Airmen,

I have some questions about this FSX Helicopter Autopilot gauge, created by Dirk Fassbender and Antti Pankonen.

http://www.dirkfassbender.de/general.html

What have I done so far myself?

1. I've already read at the steps in all the docs, provided on Dirks own website, including these steps:

http://www.dirkfassbender.de/AFCP/how_to_fly.html

2. I've watched this 2 excellent Youtube videos, made by Adel Haiba about this gauge:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4EjeXkRdA]=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4EjeXkRdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4EjeXkRdA - [FSX & FS9] How to Install Heli Autopilot

- =https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJkuNIvgoc4 - [FSX & FS9] How to Use Heli Autopilot

But.. still I can not get this gauge working, like shown Adel's video's :-}

QUESTIONS:

1. Who also uses this gauge in her/his heli's ? and who has got it actually working on her/his computer?

2. Why is the lower halve ("the ground speed panel") - shown in Adel videos - of the gauge not working?

3. Why is the [iAS] function not working above the 40 kts?

4. Which VERSION of this gauge are you using? (since I have multiple versions of it in various online downloadable packages and helicopter models)

17-11-2002 08:19 274.432 as532_afcp_V1.gau

08-09-2007 19:24 1.232.896 AS532AFCP_V2.gau

17-01-2009 12:55 1.220.608 AS532AFCP_V3.GAU

23-03-2010 19:14 2.068.480 AS532AFCP_V4.GAU

>

23-03-2010 19:12 1.896.448 EC225AFCP_V1.GAU

>

08-09-2007 19:24 94.208 HAP.GAU_V1

4. Who has got a COMPLETE manual of this gauge (FSX) version or a Real-life-Helikopter Autopilot manual,

so I can understand how this device should be working in the first place (to avoid perception errors from my side ;-)

I've read all material on Dirk's website - time and time again - and some other 3rd parties "readme" files online,

but I still feel something is missing, a serious lack of documentation on the full capabilities of this gauge.

Technical background data:

Operating System: Windows 7, 64 bit

Flightsimulator.....: FSX Gold (FSX Std+ Acceleration Pack)

FSUIPC.DLL ..........: 4.939g, 22nd march 2015, unregistered

Helikopter used...: http://www.flightsim.com -> FileName: fsdc_as332l2_fsx_acceleration.zip - Size: 44,247,950 Date: 12-25-2009

Yes, I often do use Mr. Pakonen's gauge and added it to several birds. Try looking up the file HC075DI_AFCP_UPDATE.zip. It's for FS2004, but it has a complete manual in the file. It's in the AFCP folder. Same basic gauge.

Something I've found that prevents operation is to make sure you add in an [Autopilot] section to your Aircraft.cfg file. A lot of helicopters don't bother to include them, as most don't have an AFCS modeled in. If they DO have an AFCS, the autopilot gauge and the AFCS are not compatible. One or the other.

Read he instructions in the file I named above. It has an example [Autopilot] section you can cut-n-paste right in. It also includes a HUD for Helo's, but I prefer a different version of HUD. I can dig it up if you like.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks for your reply Pat/PhantomTweak!

I've have downloaded the zip file that you mentioned and have completed flight testing of this gauge (to the max) last weekend. I'm now writing a tutorial for other helicopter fans so everyone knows how to build it into their own chopper and can enjoy this wonderful gauge too.

I'm glad I could help out a little :)

Sometimes, all it takes is a nudge in the right direct, which seems a talent I have. Nudging, that is! By the way, check out the articles on Hovercontrol.com's website by Jordan Moore on what to/how to make sure all the Aircraft.cfg and .air file settings are what they should be for helicopters in the two MSFS's. Additionally, Hovercontrol has a small program available for download called HTR v1.5 (Helicopter Total Realism). It uses FSUIPC to take what the Sim tells the bird about how to fly and correct all the various factors to what they should be for what real-world physics dictates. Brilliant program written by an Aeronautical Engineer, and vetted by a number of real world military chopper pilots, as well as experienced Sim helicopter pilots. Check the HC forums for more info. They have an entire forum dedicated to it.

Sorry, I tend to go on about this.

Good luck, and enjoy the gauge.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 5 months later...
I'm glad I could help out a little :)

Sometimes, all it takes is a nudge in the right direct, which seems a talent I have. Nudging, that is! By the way, check out the articles on Hovercontrol.com's website by Jordan Moore on what to/how to make sure all the Aircraft.cfg and .air file settings are what they should be for helicopters in the two MSFS's. Additionally, Hovercontrol has a small program available for download called HTR v1.5 (Helicopter Total Realism). It uses FSUIPC to take what the Sim tells the bird about how to fly and correct all the various factors to what they should be for what real-world physics dictates. Brilliant program written by an Aeronautical Engineer, and vetted by a number of real world military chopper pilots, as well as experienced Sim helicopter pilots. Check the HC forums for more info. They have an entire forum dedicated to it.

Sorry, I tend to go on about this.

Good luck, and enjoy the gauge.

Pat☺

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=23734;r=1;top

Matt

FS Painter @ The Hangar

Or click here to direct access to All my Repaints

AUSTRALIA

• 3 months later...
Pretty much agree with Ronald Vermeij statements on cougar autopilot. It never has worked like video. I can do auto land with g/s stop on runway ok. It never shifts of take off like indicated. So I decided to download Eurocopter AS332 with a/p included to solve the issue.The procedure for downloading is sort of like disinformation. Would someone provide a clean clear simple direct route for this download. What steps to take?Fullscreen capture 342016 25125 PM.jpg

Pretty much agree with Ronald Vermeij statements on cougar autopilot. It never has worked like video. I can do auto land with g/s stop on runway ok. It never shifts of take off like indicated. So I decided to download Eurocopter AS332 with a/p included to solve the issue.The procedure for downloading is sort of like disinformation. Would someone provide a clean clear simple direct route for this download. What steps to take?[ATTACH=CONFIG]187636[/ATTACH]

Could someone provide the exact download that they are trying so someone could help?

OK, I did some hunting around and found your file.

RTFM! a pdf manual comes with this download and tells you were everything goes!

1. Open the SimObjects/Rotorcraft/HC075DI_AS332L2_FSX_ACCELERATION folder and remove AS332L2 folder. That contains the main aircraft with all of it's accouterments. I added the one gauge file from the Gauges folder to the aircraft panel folder. Now add this folder to your Sim in the usual manner.

2. Open the sound folder and copy the contents to your FSX/Sound folder.

3. HAPX.DLL goes into your main FSX folder

4. Knock yourself silly! ;)

Chopper.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived