ISG1 Gauges Install - Assigning Gauge to Pop UP

Hi

Default 737-800

I've just installed 'ISG1' from Ernie Alston and used the retrofit 737-800 panel.cfg download to install the gauges into the panel. I didn't have any experiencing editing panel.cfg's before now. Everything worked great and I now have a FMC which is the main reason I installed ISG1.

The default MFD was replaced by the 'ISG1 737 Nav display' and looks great, but I have small problem in that it isn't available as a pop up. I want this as a pop up window, like the default MFD was, because I use a separate monitor for my gauges therefore I need to undock the window to transfer it.

Basically I want to assign this gauge to a view/pop up, the same as the PFD and the EICAS. I presume I do this by editing the panel.cfg but Ive tried working out how to but to no avail.

Hope someone can help

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

I also have this package and it works well. Have you inspected the main menu->Views to see if the gauge you want is in a Window (what you call a "popup"?) You can only have 9 Windows assigned to keys, but there is no limit to how many Windows you can have. Beyond 9 you can access them from the menu. If you need the window assigned to a key, you can substitute a Window you don't use much.

Alternatively, there are Buttons which activate the IDG Windows. You need to add these buttons to the panel. The documentation with the package teaches you how and provides sames you can paste into our panel after making a backup. You will learn a lot from doing this. Willingness to experiment and patience are required.

As far as someone doing this for you...

Everyone's sim and aircraft and panels are often a little different. It's unlikely I use the utilities and buttons the way you are, so mine will not work for you.

Contact me using Private message and we'll make contact through email. I'll then send you some panel samples I have done for myself as examples of what you need to do.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

[Window Titles]

window00=Main Panel

window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=Overhead Panel

Window05=Trim Panel

Window06=PFD

Window07=MFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

Window10=FMC

[Window10]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=341,500

position=6

visible=0

ident=FMC

gauge00=Name of new FMC, 0,0,341,500

The entries to your panel.cfg would look similar to this in the default 737-800. Since there is no Shift+# for window10 you would have to use your toolbar/view panel to select the FMC

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I also have this package and it works well. Have you inspected the main menu->Views to see if the gauge you want is in a Window (what you call a "popup"?) You can only have 9 Windows assigned to keys, but there is no limit to how many Windows you can have. Beyond 9 you can access them from the menu. If you need the window assigned to a key, you can substitute a Window you don't use much.

Alternatively, there are Buttons which activate the IDG Windows. You need to add these buttons to the panel. The documentation with the package teaches you how and provides sames you can paste into our panel after making a backup. You will learn a lot from doing this. Willingness to experiment and patience are required.

As far as someone doing this for you...

Everyone's sim and aircraft and panels are often a little different. It's unlikely I use the utilities and buttons the way you are, so mine will not work for you.

Contact me using Private message and we'll make contact through email. I'll then send you some panel samples I have done for myself as examples of what you need to do.

-Pv-

Thanks for reply.

I did check the Main Menu and the panel.cfg. 'Trim Panel' was assigned to window06 so I tried to swap the trim panel for the new 'Nav Display'. Unfortunately when I clicked on the gauge, instead of creating a pop up, the gauge disappeared. So it did something after the editing but not the correct thing.

Here was original cfg.

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

Window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=XGauge

Window05=Overhead Panel

Window06=Trim Panel

Window07=PFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

Window10=ISG1 MCU

Window11=ISG1 SMITHS FMS

Window12=ISG1 EFIS CNTR

[Window06]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=194,154

position=1

visible=0

ident=MISC_POPUP_1

gauge00=B737_800!trim_popup, 0,0

I changed it to this:

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Panel

Window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=XGauge

Window05=Overhead Panel

Window06=ISG Nav Display

Window07=PFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

Window10=ISG1 MCU

Window11=ISG1 SMITHS FMS

Window12=ISG1 EFIS CNTR

[Window06]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=341,341

position=1

visible=0

ident=4011

gauge00=isg1!HW_B737_ND, 0,0,341,341

As I say when I accessed the nav display either through the menu or clicking on gauge it disappeared. Maybe you can see something Im doing wrong.

I am going to explore 'adding the buttons' like you said as this is a way I think would solve the problem. I will try this tonight (UK time).

While I'm trying this in a few hours I will contact you via PM.

GH

Corsair Obsidian 550D Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, SLI, CrossfireX Intel Core I7 4790K Quad Core with HT pro OC'd to 4.6GHz 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz 2 x 4GB EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 250GB Samsung EVO SSD and 2TB HDD3XS Corsair Hydro H100 cooler with dual SP120 750W Corsair RM PSUMicrosoft Windows 7 64 bit

[Window Titles]

window00=Main Panel

window01=Radio Stack

Window02=GPS

Window03=Throttle Panel

Window04=Overhead Panel

Window05=Trim Panel

Window06=PFD

Window07=MFD

Window08=EICAS

Window09=Mini Panel

Window10=FMC

[Window10]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=341,500

position=6

visible=0

ident=FMC

gauge00=Name of new FMC, 0,0,341,500

The entries to your panel.cfg would look similar to this in the default 737-800. Since there is no Shift+# for window10 you would have to use your toolbar/view panel to select the FMC

Hi Mr Zippy

Not sure if you misunderstood my OP, sorry if I didn't make it clear, but the FMC pop up is working just fine and this is the main reason I wanted the isg1 package as I'm starting on VATSIM soon.

However, when I downloaded a 'retrofit panel.cfg' from the ISG site it placed a few other gauges into the default panel for me. One was the Nav display which replaced the default MFD. Obviously I could edit .cfg and revert back to MFD and still have moved forward (as its the FMC I mainly wanted) but the new gauge looks better which is why I wanted to keep it and create a pop up.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for reply

GH

Just an update.

I have read through the isg instructions and I feel i've covered everything. There isn't a 'button' for this gauge. there is for most of the gauges but not the B737 Nav Display. I've managed to get to the point where the Nav display is present in VC but when I click on it, it opens the original MFD. I've got a feeling this new gauge doesn't allow a pop up window.

I'm fine how it is, though not perfect

If you still want to work with this, paste us some pics so we can see what you are trying to do and what needs changing.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived