gps window

atlantas

I don't know what you mean. I have both the PMDG 737 NGX and the 777 LR. Both have a built in GPS through the FMC. It is far superior to the default 737 gps. I have both the default 737 gps and the built in FMC for both of these planes. However, I don't use the default 737 gps other than for the purpose of situational awareness for top-down viewing. Both planes use the same database, updateable from NaviGraph, and both planes mostly display the exact same information.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Don't have the default GPS in my NGX at all.. Nada. Zip. zero.

They don't put GA GPS rigs in real 737's, so I see no need to add one to any of mine.

I don't have the 777, but I was assuming the overall function of the FMC for the

two planes would be quite similar.. IE: if you can do one, you can do the other as

long as you know what you need to enter for the particular plane.

The FMC's are similar. When looking at the display of both, the info from the database and FMC shows a GPS on the display. I added the default 737 gps to both the NGX and the 777. The 737 default gps is useless (because the data is outdated), but it does give topographical info the NGX and 777 display does not. The built-in GPS is the navigation display. It shows airports, vors, etc.

navigation display.jpg

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Archived