FS2004 Problem - No Engine Sound in Spot View

I have been using FS2004 for a few years with no problems....Recently, I get no aircraft engine sound in Spot View....When I am on the runway, I can hear the rolling of the wheels , lowering or raising the flaps, and other mechanical sound , but no engine sound in any aircraft I try to use....I have no sound problems with the other views...I have downloaded many aircraft, scenes, and engine sounds, but have never encountered a problem....I have uninstalled and reinstalled FS2004 in its only file ( not under Microsoft Games ) and still get a problem...I also uninstalled and reinstalled under Microsoft games, and still a problem....Has anyone encountered this problem, or suggest any solution to the problem....Your help is greatly appreciated..

Larry Page

Any changes to your computer sound settings like quadrophonic instead of stereo, 5.1 instead of 4.1? Subtle changes to the speakers affect what you hear in different positions.

I think the setting should be for Desktop Stereo Speakers. I would avoid the quadrophonic and surround-sound settings.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

What about the sound settings within fs9 itself ? ie the engine ,environment, cockpit etc sounds.

PS whatever the problem is ,unin and rein fs9 will almost certainly not solve it ,just take up a lot of your time.

Unin and rein is not usually the great fixitall.

More often something simple that's been overlooked.

Anyways

Cheers

Andy

Archived