Is 4970k the best cpu for fsx?

math341c

Hello guys so im building a new high end pc, which will cost about 2000$.

I heard that the cpu is the most important thing for fsx. I just want the best cpu that can handle most frames in fsx, at high quality airports, with PMDG planes xD

I have readed that, in fsx it´s about to have the cpu which is best at single threading. And the 4970K beats even the extreme editions at single threading :)

So, is the 4970k the best cpu i can get for fsx now?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards. Math.

I think so. There are many opinions about this but I'm convinced that if it's a choice for FSX only then the 4790K is the best there is. It runs at 4.4 Ghz across all cores and, as noted, is extremely good for single-threaded apps (which FSX essentially is).

The only possible drawback is that it's a marginal overclocker. I've never been able to get mine above 4.7Ghz with reasonable temps on air (but even then, the difference between that and 4.4Ghz wasn't even noticeable).

Flame-suit on........

Doug

Intel 4790K CPU, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mobo, Noctua NH-U12S cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133 MHz RAM, nVidia GTX 970 GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, and other stuff:

500GB SSD - Samsung 840

12TB HDD Internal - Western Digital Black

40TB HDD External - Western Digital My Book

2x Asus PA246Q ProArt 24" 1920x1200

4x Plextor PX-891SAW DVD-RW

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Remember, No matter what CPU you decide to get it is still running 2005 FSX code. New hardware can not fix old bad code. Personally if I was building a new machine right now it would be for P3DV2.

Are you lost? There's plenty of FSX bashing going on over on the P3D board. I'm sure you'd fit in there just swell! I own both & prefer FSX. That doesn't mean I go to the P3D board and bash P3D. Most of us aren't that insecure.

GROW UP We are all capable of making our own choices. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Are you lost? There's plenty of FSX bashing going on over on the P3D board. I'm sure you'd fit in there just swell! I own both & prefer FSX. That doesn't mean I go to the P3D board and bash P3D. Most of us aren't that insecure.

GROW UP We are all capable of making our own choices. ;)

Well i agree a bit. But sure prepar 3d is working better on modern pc, but it still 32 bit from what i heard, and the first core is still most important for it.

The reason why i still play fsx, is because the huge selection of addons. Some airports i have bought are not available for prepar 3d.

But i heard some news about the guy who made the fsipanel, is making a new tool, that works like fsuipc, a module which will be able to raise the amout of vas the fsx have. And we will be able to have less oom problems. But i have not heard any new updates about it.

Oh this is what i talk about: http://www.simforums.com/forums/beta-fsx-purge-memory-feature_topic50274.html

"Using it home, I was able to fly more than 10 approaches on the 777 without any reset."

Hey math,

Sorry if I sounded harsh! I'm just not into a restart of all that bashing which went on for months between P3D and FSX folks.

The memory reduction tool sounds very interesting. I'm sure I and a lot more users would pay bucks for it, if it actually works as described!! Especially if by downloading installing the tool, the config file is reset to do the memory 1 thing.

Maybe Mr. Zip, Mr. Bean, Mr. Anderson, or someone else can look onto it?? Build it and if it works, we will come and buy!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Well im not saying you sounded harsh. Well i like fsx, because of the addons, it´s simple as that. Without the addons, the game is a one big piece of shit.

And that fsipanel is really overpriced, a tool which can help you setting up landing for 45$! That is too overpriced.

Remember, No matter what CPU you decide to get it is still running 2005 FSX code. New hardware can not fix old bad code. Personally if I was building a new machine right now it would be for P3DV2.

P3D?...still 98% the same "old bad code"...still a single-threaded app...FSX was released October 10, 2006 so the code isn't as old as you think...what, specifically, would you do differently to build a machine for P3DV2 vs. FSX?

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Hello guys so im building a new high end pc, which will cost about 2000$.

I heard that the cpu is the most important thing for fsx. I just want the best cpu that can handle most frames in fsx, at high quality airports, with PMDG planes xD

I have readed that, in fsx it´s about to have the cpu which is best at single threading. And the 4970K beats even the extreme editions at single threading :)

So, is the 4970k the best cpu i can get for fsx now?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards. Math.

Yes it is the best CPU. Anything better is a waste of money. Personally, I wouldn't touch FSX with a barge pole with that system. I'd go X-plane and possibly P3D if I felt like flying the PMDG airplanes.

But if tinkering / addons is your thing then FSX is best for you.

Archived