New JFK payware scenery seem to cause incorrect victor to ILS with FSX default flt pl

forshaw

Hi Folks;

I just purchased FSDT JFK v2 scenery airport. I was flying from KORD to KJFK with PMDG 747 using the default FSX flight planner which I have always used. The assigned runway was 13R for ILS landing about 60 miles out which is normal but got victor in another direction, nothing close to what is should have been. When I changed back to the default it worked fine.

i.e I am at 050 deg heading towards the airport (to the right of the airport). About 40 miles away I was expecting ATC to maybe have me turn left maybe 300 deg to get victor Right towards 13R. No, instead i get turned right and victor in somewhere off base not even close to the direction of the runway.

BTW, this happened a few occasions with other runways such as 22R

This has only happened with this addon, I have other addons like KBOS granted it is much older but no problems.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this type of problem with any other new addon. JFK runways haven't changed in years,well at least runways.

Few points to mention.

1) The flight plan was created sometime back using the default airport. Would that make a difference?

2) I am not using or never used SID or STARS. The flight plan is created in FSX (since I still like the ATC) and I use a converter to export the plan to the PMDG 747 FMC. Again no problem with the default airport.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, it's a great airport scenery.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Did you eventually get vectored back to the airport?

One possibility is that the new addon has a lot more parking spaces, allowing for a lot more AI traffic, so you had to go further away from the airport to get to the back of the line.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Did you eventually get vectored back to the airport?

One possibility is that the new addon has a lot more parking spaces, allowing for a lot more AI traffic, so you had to go further away from the airport to get to the back of the line.

peace,

the Bean

I thought about that and I stayed on it until was about 30 miles away from the airport and never got called back to come around. Will try generating a new plan with the new airport and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Forshaw.

forshaw

You need to review the Parkway Visual approach plates for 31R and 31L

If I remember correctly FSDT used my curved approach code so ATC is vectoring you toward a 30 degree offset to the CANARSIE VOR 43 degree TO heading.

That means based on which side you are flying toward the CANARSIE VOR, ATC will give you a heading of 13 degrees or 73 degrees to intercept the inbound 43 degree radial to CRI VOR.

If you still have trouble flying the CANARSIE approach then be sure the winds are set to 13 degrees and follow the AI planes. They will show you the correct curved path to the runways.

forshaw

You need to review the Parkway Visual approach plates for 31R and 31L

If I remember correctly FSDT used my curved approach code so ATC is vectoring you toward a 30 degree offset to the CANARSIE VOR 43 degree TO heading.

That means based on which side you are flying toward the CANARSIE VOR, ATC will give you a heading of 13 degrees or 73 degrees to intercept the inbound 43 degree radial to CRI VOR.

If you still have trouble flying the CANARSIE approach then be sure the winds are set to 13degrees and follow the AI planes. They will show you the correct curved path to the runways.

Thanks jvile, I appreciate it. I am still abroad traveling so once I get back on the USA end of this week I will try it. Interesting, my girlfriend's eldest brother is a 747-400 Captain of the Airline I will be flying back to the USA with. Will definitely be discussing some things with him:)

So, I did go in and generated a new flight plan, with the new addon airport and everything is now fine. I get vectored in correctly like i am used to. Will continue to do a few more flights with differents winds

Cheers.

Forshaw.

Archived