Missing Files on Aircraft Installations

thepapabear

Old man, new to FSX and computers. Two, maybe more questions: I have added addon airplanes of different types, when I run Addit!Pro for aircraft and get a report, most are missing sounds, gauges, or effects, is there a site or zip-file that might have these sounds, effects or gauges? (ex. gps!Gps; RwyInfo!V1; fx_Heatshimmer3fx; VH-3shut.wav; 732GLIDE.wav; Reverser.wav; do328_sw!IconGPST) When I hit repair, it can't find the files most of the times. Where can I find the missing files? Also, in FSX, when I go to the screen to load/pick an aircraft, some thumbnails don't match the name shown. I have to click on "details" to seen which craft I'm choosing. (thumbnail might be a 747, text under the thumbnail says A320)

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold Edition and FSX-Steam installed. (different locations on hard drive)

Thanks for any insight you can give to an old man!

Sounds like you are downloading some unusual aircraft. I would not use AdditPro to install aircraft. A lot of the missing files are not needed.

Give a particular aircraft you have downloaded and tried to install. Give a file name, if downloaded from the library here.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi thepapa,

The only times I've seen (or heard about) mis-matched thumbnails were when the FSX "Uires" folder had neither the airplane.jpg nor the thumbnail.jpg files. These files are used when and aircraft doesn't have a thumbnail in the texture folder(s).

Jim F.

Hi Mr Zippy,

I've downloaded from several sites, I don't install with "Addit", I use it to check the folders for missing files. Most files say to unzip to the "SimObjects\aircraft folder. I don't remember where I downloaded from, but some of the files are: 787AirforceFSX.xip; alpha_c-5_galaxy-1.zip; c141det.zip; boeing744-451_dalnc_new_vc.zip; casa295m_x.zip; FSX_A321.zip; FSX_B732.zip; FSX_B744.zip; namerican_787_fsx.zip; tom7272.zip.

Larry

Hi Mr Zippy,

I just downloaded "dc4_v30x.zip" from this site. This one had it's own installer. It placed the file in "SimObjects\airplanes" folder. I opened "Addit", ran the airplane panel, it gave me the following: No aircraft configuration problems were detected.

No panel configuration problems were detected.

Sound Configuration Report for 'Airplanes\JBK Douglas DC-4-1009 V3\Sound\'

- The sound configuration file refers to another sound but the referenced sound configuration file does not exist.

Use Repair to attempt to fix sound issues.

Repair did not work. I opened the sound.cfg file:

[fltsim]

alias=Douglas_DC3\sound

//alias=propsound

This was one of the better ones as far as problems. This is from another file:

No aircraft configuration problems were detected.

Panel Configuration Report for 'Airplanes\Boeing 777-300 ER ANZ Sky Spirit\Panel\'

- One or more gauges specified in the panel configuration file are missing:

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Beacon Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Nav Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Strobe Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Panel Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Landing Inboard Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Landing Outboard Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Taxi Lights Switch

..\..\b747_400\panel\Boeing747-400!Compass

Boeing777-300!Pitch_Trim_Ind

Boeing777-300!Beacon_Nav_Light_Switch

Boeing777-300!Autostart

Boeing777-300!Rudder_Trim_Ind

Boeing777-300!Comm 1

Boeing777-300!Comm 2

Boeing777-300!Transponder

Boeing777-300!Nav 1

ff_gauges!Ff_mfp_window

ff_gauges!Ff_radar_back

- One or more bitmap files specified in the panel configuration file are missing:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400\panel\747_Upper_Background_1024.bmp

B777newFP!b777profile200LR,3,3.bmp

Use Repair to attempt to fix panel issues.

Sound Configuration Report for 'Airplanes\Boeing 777-300 ER ANZ Sky Spirit\Sound\'

- The sound configuration file refers to another sound but the referenced sound configuration file does not exist.

Is this normal for add-on's? Or, what am I doing wrong?

Where can I find the missing files?

Sometimes you have to download another version of the same plane to get the missing files. It happens occasionally that people will modify a plane and miss some files when they package it for upload.

Sometimes you never find the files, sometimes they were left out on purpose.

Rather than just blindly trusting a program that tells you some files are missing, you are better served to learn how to analyze whether those files are critical or not.

Sometimes it is easier to replace the missing files with a suitable alternative as opposed to spending hours searching for something that you may never find.

Also, in FSX, when I go to the screen to load/pick an aircraft, some thumbnails don't match the name shown. I have to click on "details" to seen which craft I'm choosing. (thumbnail might be a 747, text under the thumbnail says A320)...

I have checked every texture folder, they all have a Thumbnail.jpg. When I looked in the "Uires" folder, I didn't see any airplane or thumbnail jpg's.

Larry

In the plane selection screen make sure you have "show all variations" checked and you have "all" in the three boxes on top.

Now go through the list starting at the beginning. The first mismatch you find is missing a proper thumbnail.jpg.

The generic thumbnails are in ...\FSX\Uires and are named...

airplane.jpg

helicopter.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi Mr Zippy,

I just downloaded "dc4_v30x.zip" from this site. This one had it's own installer. It placed the file in "SimObjects\airplanes" folder. I opened "Addit", ran the airplane panel, it gave me the following: No aircraft configuration problems were detected.

No panel configuration problems were detected.

Sound Configuration Report for 'Airplanes\JBK Douglas DC-4-1009 V3\Sound\'

Repair did not work. I opened the sound.cfg file:

[fltsim]

alias=Douglas_DC3\sound

//alias=propsound

Do you still have the default DC-3 installed?

This is from another file:

Panel Configuration Report for 'Airplanes\Boeing 777-300 ER ANZ Sky Spirit\Panel\'

- One or more gauges specified in the panel configuration file are missing:

OK, this plane is looking for gauges from the default B747, do you have it installed?

Have you tested these planes in the sim to see if they work or are you relying on Addit?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I am in agreement with what Bean has said. The files in the Uires folders should look like this.

thumbnail.jpg

helicopter.jpg

airplane.jpg

Again, don't be concerned about the "Missing" files that AdditPro is stating. Probably not needed or used. Download, install and test each aircraft one at a time checking that everything you want to work does so.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived