looking for PA-18 AI aircraft

gdr1944

Hello:

I tried to find it using Advanced Search:

Cub, AI, Piper PA-18 combinations, NO JOY

But I rarely find anything with Advanced Search.

Whitch default aircraft are AI

PS a few posts ago i asked if you could move AI aircraft to ITS own folder.

Found answer in a 2008 post:

WOAI is the easiest to use and PAI it seems are not far short of releasing a FSX installer. I like to kep my AI separate, it makes for easy backup and removal. In your smobjects folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\

create a folder called AI. When you use the WOAI installer you can point it to this directory and it will place all its AI planes in here and that way it wont clutter up the Airplanes folder. Next in the FSX.cfg under [MAIN] enter the following with the Simobjects path list

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Ai

this lets FSX know where the AI planes are. When you install the WOAI plans make sure you use the FSX ( under target)option and manual install and point it to the ai folder ie.

Under FSX path...C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

under FSX subfolder....SimObjects\Ai

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

"looking for PA-18 AI aircraft

Hello:

I tried to find it using Advanced Search:

Cub, AI, Piper PA-18 combinations, NO JOY

But I rarely find anything with Advanced Search."

With plain old search:

Text:

43 files match the search criteria.

Search Keywords: fsx super cub

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

You mean that you want them exclusively for AI but not to fly? After all, flyable aircraft can be used for AI (but you knew that?)...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Have you checked to see which cub is being used in the default FSX AI plans? You do not have to edit the planes to remove panels to use them as AI? Just because dedicated AI planes have their planels removed to make them unflyable does not mean you have to do that?

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

The hit comes from the poly count of the aircraft regardless of whether they are intended as AI or not. Generally, AI are purposely made low def to save frames, but this is only a factor if the AI is in visual range. If you have AI plans which place a great many of these high poly AI in the air with you, then yes, that is a concern. Whether or not they have panels is inconsequential since the panels do not display in an AI plane.

As far as "fly as well"

The AI is a very primitive flight profile. They follow the very simple rules in the [Reference Speeds] section of the aircraft.cfg file. No AI planes "fly well" by human standards, but you cannot tell because you are not along for the ride. They take off on 100% fuel, climb to rated cruise, descend and land as a direct flight between two points. Nothing fancy. The planes which have too-short plans have the most trouble because they land nearly full of fuel. Most of the flight model we take advantage of as human pilots is ignored in AI flights. The plane is a parabolic rock kept in the air by brute force code logic.

-Pv-

Archived