Question about ORBX scenery not looking right..

I've just rebuilt my FSX PC and finished reinstalling the ORBX scenery, including:-

Global Base

Global Vector

OpenLC Europe

FTX England

But I am getting odd mounds of grass shown at various airports, including EGCC Manchester - see image:-

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/mdavenport555/IMG_0709.jpg

If I uptick the following then its resolved:-

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/mdavenport555/IMG_0711.jpg

See here:-

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/mdavenport555/IMG_0712.jpg

Any ideas anyone? Have I got these listed in the wrong order? These are the only scenery files I have installed

Mark

PC: i7-4790 QUAD Core HT 3.60Ghz, 16GB RAM, Corsair Supernova GS 650w PSU, Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX, 128GB SSD (Win7 x64), 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD (FSX+Addons)

Monitor: 3 x 23" IPS NVidia Surround 5880x1024, 1 x 19" 16:9

Addons: Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Jetmax TQ, FDS CDU, FDS MX MCP, iVibe TFS3, Prosim:737

Mark

I am no expert but did you let ORBX decide the scenery level in the settings, also not sure if it makes any difference have you installed the latest ORBX libraries ??

Cheers

Steve

Have you tried enabling the 4 items at the top of your scenery library.

Bruce

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

ORBX will automatically put the scenery in the right place. Did you install the ORBX libs after the last install? Have you asked this question in the ORBX forums?

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Definitely install the latest libs.

I had similar issue with orbx england after I used uk2000 airports, particularly Manchester. Go into the Vector config tool and add the relevant airport to to airport elevation list on the right hand side. Sorry i cant be more specific I am not at my PC right now.

Go inside the FTX vector and head to airport elevations and disable the airport..

You'll soon notice that Ftx vector airport elevation correction are an absolute pain in the *ss, especially when youre about to land your aircraft at an airport and it has the issue and you have to save the flight, exit fsx, disable the airport in vector , start up fsx again( which in my case takes forever), start back up the saved flight(which takes another annoying 3 to 4 minutes for me), and to top it all off, I have to turn back on the seatbelt and no smoking signs... Now if i get back in the flight and the issue is still there, if i cant fix it with ADE through flattening,..i just completely avoid that airport are until i find a new scenery pack or fix.

But sincerely about the FTX Vector airport "corrections"...the fix for the issue i see you might have s to disable the airport in the VEctor configurator.. Sincerely i only keep Vector for the roads and the corrected shorelines.

I must be one of the very few to uninstal the ftx base package and only use Vector..it just works better for me performance wise

Thanks everyone for the advice... I will try over the next couple of days to disable airport elevation in Vector and report back..

Can anyone confirm all the latest service packs for the products I use?

PC: i7-4790 QUAD Core HT 3.60Ghz, 16GB RAM, Corsair Supernova GS 650w PSU, Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX, 128GB SSD (Win7 x64), 500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD (FSX+Addons)

Monitor: 3 x 23" IPS NVidia Surround 5880x1024, 1 x 19" 16:9

Addons: Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Jetmax TQ, FDS CDU, FDS MX MCP, iVibe TFS3, Prosim:737

Thanks everyone for the advice... I will try over the next couple of days to disable airport elevation in Vector and report back..

Can anyone confirm all the latest service packs for the products I use?

Don't understand the question? You run FTX Central v2, it tells you whether updates are needed. And installs them. Clearly you still haven't updated the libraries.

As for Vector, just run the elevation fix tool - if it doesn't pick up on the airport in question, then running it independently won't do anything at all, that's not where the problem is.

Archived