Juan Pablo

purt

Anyone seen Juan Pablo's Malvinas son Argentinos sign in the new FSX downloads site on Flightsim.com.

Anybody like myself find this objectionable, Flight simming should not be used to promote political points.

Many fine young men from both Argentina and the UK died in that sad conflict.

I think Mr Pablo should be banned from Flightsim.com or am I over reacting ?

Steve

UK

I don't see anything offensive inside the download. I mean, there is no political pamflet attached. It's a sign, no more.

Without this thread I would never have even noticed it.

This is an actual sign, that exists today (googled images).

I think there is no problem in leaving it in.

Everyone can make up their own mind. If they want to download it, so be it.

It will move out of the 'new downloads' soon section anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should be removed. The sign is blatantly political, stating that the islands belong to Argentina. A short, bloody war was fought to address that claim.

How about "just signs" that would say things like this? None are appropriate in a hobby-related site like flightsim.com.

"We will bury you."

"We are the master race."

"But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

This sign, including the tekst , is a real world sign. It actually exists.

There is lots in the library that someone can take offense to. just one example, german wo2 flags on airrcraft.

No reason to remove that either.

People that don't want it in there sim just won't install it. That's all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Big difference between displaying a historical national emblem on an aircraft and a political statement on a sign, real or not. Flightsim.com should not be a venue for someone's political statements, and that includes disgruntled Argentinians. Bad judgment, bad practice, and bad policy. Let Pablo put up his own site to proclaim his political statements. This isn't the place for it.

Yep not really the site, the community or the forum to express your political views on. I suspect its not about people having the ability to download the sign, it was more about just having the sign in the download page read by those who like me regularly visit to see what's new, so in my humble opinion its not been put there just as a download, but as a political statement, so not a valid download.
AMD 9590 5Ghz, Asus 990X Sabertooth, Asus 285 Strix, 8Gb Ram x2 RipJaws, Corsair Hydro H100, Corsair CM750M, 2TB Short Stroked HDD, Samsung 120Gb SSD for OS, x3 ViewSonic VX2370 LED Frameless Monitors. x1 Semi Understanding Partner.

If the sign is an actual thing that is visible from the air, then I have no problem with it.

No, it looked more like a road-side sign and now it no longer exists in the Library. Moot point!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived