Where can a person find the V9.1 update?

Brushbuster47

My notes show where I removed the update in 2006 a year after installing it. Why? I've no idea.

Moving to a new DigitalStorm desktop and wondered if the update is still around somewhere. I would like to copy the program off the old c drive as it has addons. The other option is to use the original discs and start all over.

I still haven't gotten the new PC set up all the way as trying to move favorites etc. for myself and the wife.

Hope to get back in the cockpit again after a long hiatus.

I would install fresh from the discs so the program will register with Windows, then run the update.

After that you should be able to move the addons from the old HDD.... uh, as long as they weren't payware.

You will need reinstall those from those discs or re-registered downloads if they were ... again to hit the Windows registry ... or they won't work right.

Don't forget to install the latest copy of FSUIPC from here: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html .... scroll down and grab ver 3.999z9

Happy Trails,

salt_air

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Extensive flight planning is the key to proper operation.

mrzippy, the answer is yes. My bad! I thought it was no longer supported and didn't even look. Learned another lesson..

Salt_air, thanks as I need to look in to that. So much has changed that I may just blow off the addons and try the newer ones. Not being a computer guru, I have a severe learning curve once again.

I just discovered my CH Products Manager seems to be v5.4 and the one on the website is a version 4.5x something. Mine is newer than the one online?

I would download the latest manager from the CH site. I would also not use 'v5.4' if i did not KNOW it was for the CH products (which it probably isn't and might even be a 'virus' or trojan?). The 'latest' manager (ie: pc programming tool-and not a 'driver') is 'v4.x' and is for ALL products. CH are 'plug-n-play' USB and don't need drivers. CH also has a 'Program Manager for Dummies' (not kidding) which might be useful (hehe).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

You are correct. I failed to do plain research as I got in a hurry. My CD had that on the label, but, it is the one from back in 2005 and turned out to really be v4.00. I also got the v4.55 hoping it will work.

Just loaded FS9 and the aircraft did not show up on the "rotisorie" while choosing which aircraft to fly. The flights do start and might work. I have not gotten that far yet.

Hello,

Just loaded FS9 and the aircraft did not show up on the "rotisorie" while choosing which aircraft to fly

That can be from the AA (anti aliasing) setting on your graphic card IMHO

Try another setting for AA (if possible)

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

I will look as that is part of learning process. Totally new computer along with Windows 8.1. Was running on XP and still in process of setting up new one. Files and folders not moved yet.

Thanks for the help. I will add my machine to signature when I figure out how later.

Archived