P3D night lighting issue

dfreemanfso

Good evening

I just installed P3D 2.5 and installed ORBX FTX Global, FTX Global Vector, and FTX HD Trees. I also have all 3 installed with the same ORBX settings in FSX. As you can see from the PIC, my FSX night environment is much better (Left). My P3D environment (right) has overly bright blocky auto-gen buildings and no discernible street lights. Everything looks fine during the day, but night in P3D looks pretty bad...any suggestions. I am new to P3D and am not as up to speed on tweaks graphics settings etc.

Again, left image is FSX, right image is P3D2.5 both taken from LAX facing north toward downtown.

Night Lighting.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win 10-64, i7 8700K OC to 5.1GHz

GTX Titan XP

Looks like you haven't run the light configuration utilities.

FTX Central V2 - Settings - check `use vector road lights`

then

FTX Central v2 - Settings - Tools - FTX Global Lights Configurator.

Set up to your liking.

I have use vector road lights checked. I do not see a FTX global lights configurator under FTX central/settings/tools. I can tell you that everything is checked in the vector configurator and I have the correct NVIDIA drivers for P3D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX Titan XP

I have use vector road lights checked. I do not see a FTX global lights configurator under FTX central/settings/tools. I can tell you that everything is checked in the vector configurator and I have the correct NVIDIA drivers for P3D.

Then you haven't installed the latest ORBX libraries in which FTX Central V2 is inserted. Do that, then do what was advised earlier.

There is no such thing as a `correct` driver for the Nvidia card, be specific with version number. 350.12 will NOT do.

I read in another post that he's using 347.88.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks guys but I'm getting rid of prepar3d for the time being. I don't have the time to drive my self crazy with P3D since FSX is working great on my machine. I thought this would be a good time to convert but I guess not. In summary, the juice isn't worth the squeeze yet. Maybe I'll try it again in the fall.

Thanks again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GTX Titan XP

Archived