FSX system Crash

DavwillsFS

Dear users,

Recently I installed fsx for my laptop and have been experiencing frequent crashes of the game, which means my flight for my VA (Delta) are not counted. I run a Dell laptop which runs Vista Home Premium. I need an urgent solution as I need to fly my first two flights for my new VA.

Many Thanks,

DavwillsFS

To be able to help with your problem of frequent crashes (CTD) we will need more information.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

Below is just an example of what you will see!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Welcome to the Forums!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I use a Dell 1750 laptop, dual core, 2.3GHz, integral Radeon GFX card, 4GB system Ram, Vista Home Premium, and I have no trouble at all. By the same token, I am using FSX-SE, and I am not part of a VA, for whatever good that is.

I know this is totally un-helpfull, but perhaps it's one of the FSX-SE changes that causes a better stability? Just a thought. I get them so seldom, I thought I better get it down before it got lonely and ran off again...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The uiatomationcore file of Win7/Win8 does not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, for FSX you need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

That is the old Vista or XP file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install the uiautomationcore.dll file:

First a word of warning.

In Windows there are already uiautomationcore.dll files. These should NOT be changed!

They are important for Windows and Other Programs.

Do not change them, or your programs may stop working correctly.

----

(the files you should not touch are located in the "Sytem32" folder, and the "SYSWOW64" folder.)

(------STAY OUT OF THOSE FOLDERS.---------)

(Those files are critical to Windows functioning.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for what you should do:

The uiatomationcore file of Win7/Win8 does not work correctly with FSX. FSX was made to work on XP or vista.

So, if you are running Windows7, or Windows8, for FSX you need to install it's own uiautomationcore.dll file.

That is the old Vista or XP file.

The way to install it, is to put it in the FSX folder itself.

That way, FSX uses the file, and it affects no other programs.

In a default install you place it in folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

(that is the same folder in which the file FSX.exe is.)

There are two versions of the uiautomationcore file. Some people need one, some the other.

Install one. Still errors? Then try the other.

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

uiautomationcore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/U/UIAutomationCore.dll/6.0.5840.16386/download.html

the text above was pre-prepared.

If your crashes are caused by the missing uiautomationcore file you will see this in the error log. As MrZippy explained.

But I suggest you put in the uiautomationcore.dll file anyway. It can't hurt, if you put it in the correct folder.

Usually automationcore errors happen when clicking on menu's in fsx.

enjoy!

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived