Editvoicepack error

Men In Black

Hi all,

So far, I've been using Editvoicepack for FS2004 (the free version) with no problem whatsoever, but today when I fired it up, it started to give me error messages like this:

http://i.imgbox.com/WkVDqh8H.jpg

I don't know what it wants from me, I tried restoring the default FS9 ATC files, namely "USEnglishASOS.gvp", "USEnglishBig.gvp" and "airlines.cfg"; I tried uninstalling it and removing all traces of the program using Revo Uninstaller, followed by a fresh install, I tried deleting its remnants manually, but in the end everything failed to completely solve the problem. The reason I say "completely" is because I did manage to fire it up a few times, but then if I restart it, the problem is back. I even uninstalled MyTraffic 2006, thinking it might have something to do with it, I was wrong, apparently.

Any trace of idea as to what may possibly cause this? :(

I thank you!!

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Try temporarily disabling your AV and/or any other system security software. Such programs are getting more and more paranoid and intrusive, update almost daily, and frequently have issues with older software. If that works look into excluding relevant files/folders from their control.

A'right, I think I found the problem (sort of, anyway); there are a few other programs I am not able to install/execute, such as flash player. Flash player said there's a new version available and I downloaded the exe file in order to update it, it'll go to about 50% and then it gives me some error, "flash player could not be installed" or something like that. And I know there was another program that failed to install some days ago, but I can't remember which one, so, yeah, there's clearly SOMETHING cookin', don't know what, I'm not computer W!zz, but SOMETHING's cookin'. I need to reinstall my OS. :cool:

Thanks for your input J!

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

I am assuming you are the person that has also posted on California Classics. I have made a further response there.

You should not need to reinstall your OS, or FS, or Editvoicepack, unless you plan to reformat and do a full reinstall of everything"! Make a start by running a malware checker. Something that sounds distinctly suspect is preventing your programmes and installations from running properly.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

If you are also having problems with Flash Player, as I did, one of the top software engineers locally spent about an hour on my PC and discovered an incompatibility between my installation and Mozilla Firefox. MF uninstalled, problem fixed. Both sites were queried when the problem first started, but neither offered a fix, or advised the incompatibility. Just related info for what it is worth! Hope you can get trouble free flying again. Roy.

Archived