The Bounty flies

I'm only posting 1 shot since this baby ain't got no wings!:rolleyes: A little tough starting out on the runway at the Tahiti airport but quickly moved into the ocean. Shot the cannon several times got all sails hoisted, anchors aweigh, turned her downwind in a broad-reach and was passing 18 knots when I took the screenshot. Auto sail control figured I had too many sails up so it dropped a few of them. Great sound effects! Thanks Milton and Crew! :D Hey, even the ensign blew in the correct direction according to the wind.

HMS Bounty.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Whoa! With a wake like that the Bounty must have a pair of CAT 3512B marine engines on board. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yeah, I think so! Thanks for the compliment. I tried CTRL+E for the longest time and by cracky....no engine start:p

"...and the down hill run, to Papahe Bay..."

I swear (frequently. it's a Marine thing.) there is a song with that in it someplace...ARRRRRRRrrrrrggghhhhh

Had to throw that in.

Pat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Zippy, I agree with you!!!

I played with HMS Bounty for a few hours yesterday (Can't fly anymore as my controller got damaged in the move from VA to PA and haven't the $$$ to replace it yet). Milton Shupe and Company have a winner; this thing does exactly what a sailing ship should do exactly the way it should. It is a masterpiece! Thank you all who worked to make it a reality. I can see many hours of enjoyment with this (at least until I can get back in the air again).

"...and the down hill run, to Papahe Bay..."

I swear (frequently. it's a Marine thing.) there is a song with that in it someplace...ARRRRRRRrrrrrggghhhhh

Had to throw that in.

Pat

Pat,the song is "Southern Cross" by Crosby,Stills and Nash and the lyrics are actually, "She was makin' for the trades

On the outside And the downhill run To Papeete" :cool:

Thank you, Aircav! My hearing isn't the best. Wasn't all that great even "back then". What I get for working to close to jet aircraft, not to mention rifle fire. But! Did you know you can actually (if you are hyper-careful) slip your fingers into the tail pipe of a Kfir, or Phantom, while it's in full AB? Just keep them tight to the inside of the tail pipe. Has to do with laminar airflow. Hi-power was always a blast. Those ABs make your guts rumble. Awesome feeling of power. Loud as a son-of-a-gun, though, even with doubled hearing protection.

Sorry...I go off sometimes. Thank you for correcting me. I was always under the wrong impression. No wonder I could never find that place. Still enjoy the heck outta that song. I've been all over the south Pacific. Wonderful places. I've been on islands I could sit on the beach and watch the sunrise, and 12 hours later turn around and watch the sunset! And yes, I have seen the green flash :)

Sorry, I babble. Great flights and wonderful days to one and all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Hey, Pat...

I too have seen the green flash. Once several years ago standing on the beach at Carmelle. Conditions must have been ideal, for I've not seen it since, even though I've looked for it. The sighting of the green flash would make an interesting topic, when, where, circumstances, etc., might be fun.

I'm only posting 1 shot since this baby ain't got no wings!:rolleyes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179061[/ATTACH]

I like this shot so much, I think I would like to try this boat out also. The last time I tried a boat in FSX was a while ago, and it was one of those swamp boats if I recall. Kind of fun, but this one looks much more impressive.

The only time I ever seen a ship with the sail package up close in real life was the Flagship Niagara, it was docked in Erie when I was a kid on a school field trip at the time.

Your pic now brought back some great memories for sure...thanks posting it mr. zippy!

T I have seen the green flash :)

Sorry, I babble.

No need to apologize. You piqued my interest by bringing up the green flash...and I said what the heck is that?!

Hey, Pat...

I too have seen the green flash. Once several years ago standing on the beach at Carmelle. Conditions must have been ideal, for I've not seen it since, even though I've looked for it. The sighting of the green flash would make an interesting topic, when, where, circumstances, etc., might be fun.

...and reading mr. K's reply made me go Googling...you guys mean this?

Wow, you guys sure are lucky to have seen it by what's said in the article. Impressive indeed... :cool:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yessir! That was exactly what I meant. Although when I saw it it was just a hair longer, which maybe due to me not seeing life in time-lapse :)

It was down in Panama, 1975, a few days after Elvis died. I was sitting on the rail of the charter fishing boat out of the Balboa Yacht Club a friend of my family ran. I worked that summer on it. We were out on a 3 day charter, and had pulled into a quiet cove, open to the west, for the night. I was just watching the sunset happen (I grew up on the coast of Northern California, so I enjoyed watching the sun set over the Pacific a lot). It was that quiet that hits the tropics, just at sunset, and the water was dead calm. Clear as a bell for almost 80' to the bottom. just the barest breeze, not a cloud in sight. Just as the sun set, there it was! That last hint of sun at the horizon, and it was like a green flash-bulb went off. Really amazing to me. Then, as is normal in the tropics, it was like a switch had been thrown, and poof! it was dark.

The guy that owned the boat saw it too, and he never had before, and he was nearly 70, having spent most of his adult life in the CZ, first with the Army Corps of Engineers, then working on a fishing boat, etc. And he had never seen it before. Scared the heck out of the Panamanian local he had working for him normally. He said it was a bad omen and there was a lot i didn't understand in Spanish after that.

That night, the phosphorescent plankton was pretty thick, and in a little while a pod of dolphins swam into the cove with us, and played there around the boat. Needless to say, I dove right in with them! It was amazing. Dolphins covered in warm, liquid fire, looking like they were flying below, and jumping up high, the boat moored up in the sky. It was as though the water wasn't even there, it was so clear. And I was swimming around in the middle of it all, also covered in green fire, the dolphins all squeaking and clicking. I was familiar with free-diving, doing it every chance I got, but the clarity of the water tricked me. I dove down, swimming as deep as I could, but it seemed like no closer to the bottom, when I realized I really, really needed to breathe, but it looked like the boat was way far away. I was getting a little panicy, and going up as fast as I could, when two dolphins, who had been swimming around, over, past me were suddenly under me, and UP I went! Liquid fire the whole way. I felt like a cork out a champagne bottle, the two dolphins with me. I will never forget how good that first breath felt :) I got out after that, and soon the pod went back out to sea, but what an experience to carry!

Anyway, there is my "Green Flash" story. Sorry, it's a powerful memory, the whole episode.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, everyone for the comments and stories! Batten the hatches, raise the sails, toss the captain overboard and set a course!

Shiver me timbers, I'm 3 sheets to the wind!;)

Archived