MFC70.DLL is missing from your computer

mike281

Yesterday I had to reinstall my Windows 7 Operating System due to a major problem. I am in the process of getting all my programs and files back in order. However FS9 will not boot up. I get a dialog box saying "MFC70.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I am concerned that a reinstall could wipe out all the aircraft and scenery files that I have added over the years. I tried an online Fix to replace the DLL but that didn't work. Can you please let me know if reloading the FS9 CD and reinstalling the program is safe and if it will fix this problem? Thank You very much for your help! Mike

Thanks for your help, but I haven't installed anything new in FS9 for about two weeks and it had worked fine up until now after I reinstalled the Win 7 Operating System. I have Adm Priv on my computer, I am the only user.

But I am not sure how to replace the dll and if I should try reinstalling FS9. Thank you!

Thanks for your help, but I haven't installed anything new in FS9 for about two weeks and it had worked fine up until now after I reinstalled the Win 7 Operating System. I have Adm Priv on my computer, I am the only user.

But I am not sure how to replace the dll and if I should try reinstalling FS9. Thank you!

Neither reinstalling FS9 or Windows will help. The file would have come with a specific add-on, probably an advanced panel in an aircraft.

Regards,

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thank you all who have given me suggestions regarding this problem! I have found a solution to my problem! It turned out to be a stupid error on my part. (What's new!) My FS9 Icon (the DC-3) was not the image that leads to the Sim! After my re installation, the link was missing and I went through FS9 to find it and replace it. I grabbed something that looks identical to the Icon that launches the game, but it GOES NOWHERE! I am flying again, thank you very much! Mike B.

I had the same problem with the missing file. I researched the web and came up with the following option: 1. find and delete your fs2004 cfg file because apparently it will cause mischief if you don't. There are many sites which will tell you where it it on your computer. 2. Reinstall FS2004. When I did so I was pleased to find that all my aircraft were still there, saved, flights, etc. and there was little to no problem getting other addons to fire up including FS passengers, AES, etc. You do have to reactivate your scenery one at a time from your addon scenery folder but what the heck, what an opportunity to ditch files that you either don't use, are memory hogs, or others that have been causing aggro for any reason. Very cathartic! I haven't had any problems since I reinstalled.

Thank you very much! I finally figured out that in trying to reinstall the sim, that I grabbed a FS9 Icon (the DC3) from the program that was linked to NOTHING, it was not the image that opens FS9! As soon as I corrected that by placing the correct DC3 link on my desktop, I was back in business!

Your instructions and cautions regarding reinstalling FS9 are very good and i have saved them to a file, in case i need them again! Thanks for your help!! Mike B

Archived