How do I open the cargo doors

I've decided to start at the very beginning with gate procedures as I learn to fly the default 737 and got stuck at the very start. I can request fuel, attach and detach the jetway but I cannot open the cargo doors. I have a key assigned to open the door but it only opens the main door. I have even tried the default which I understand is Shift+E+2 but this still only opens/closes the main door. I de-assigned all the defaults as I was getting conflicts with my keyboard mapping using FSUIPC.

Any help appreciated.

Alan

Ok, first thing, the key combo Shift+E+2 is correct, but you have to put a 1-2 second delay between Shift+E and adding the 2. Hope that helps! ;)

HD

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

That hasn't worked, it's still only opening/closing the Main Door. I've even checked the config file as recommended elsewhere on here and as shown below and tried it on another aircraft. Still no joy.

[exits]

number_of_exits = 3

exit.0 = 0.4, 36.6, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Sorry, but gotta ask, You're not doing anything crazy like hitting Shift+E+Numpad2 are you?? I just tried it with the default 737 and Shift+E+Numpad2 will close the main door.

When entering numbers for commands about 99.9% of the time it's from the keyboard not the Numpad.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A little confusing when you say you de-assigned all of the defaults because of FSUIPC conflicts. Is Shift+e still assigned to open/close door? Have you tried resetting all key assignments to default?

Yes I have set Shift + E to open/close door but I haven't got the heart to reset everything to defaults. It took me ages to get my current assignments working based on Roger Dodgers keyboard templates. In the absence of any further ideas I might have to bite the bullet and do that. Should be easier next time especially the "views" which gave me no end of bother.

Yes I have set Shift + E to open/close door but I haven't got the heart to reset everything to defaults. It took me ages to get my current assignments working based on Roger Dodgers keyboard templates. In the absence of any further ideas I might have to bite the bullet and do that. Should be easier next time especially the "views" which gave me no end of bother.

The Shift+e was my main concern, so I would hold off on any further reset. If you hit Shift+e+3, will it open the rear doors and copilot door?

I was looking through the control buttons and assignments looking for anything else that will use the 1-9 keys as opposed to the numpad keys. Do your popup panels in the cockpit work OK, like shift+3 to bring up the radio stack, shift+4 to bring up the GPS, and so on.

Otherwise I'm stumped except for something in the FSUIPC assignments.

No because all the default assignments have been deleted. I have specific keys assigned to the panels I want. Everything works as I want it for GA but I was getting a little bored so wanted to have a play with the 737. I've checked the FSUIPC assignments but nothing stands out.

Thanks for your efforts.

Alan

But I did re-assign that one to try and get it to work.

And shift+e will open and close the main door. It's the 1-9 keys being reassigned that screwed up the other doors, or something to that effect. If you do shift+e+2, the 2 is ignored.

I had similar issues with another airplane that had 3 door-open commands, all in the format of Shift+E+n where n is a single digit. Even when it works, that 3-part key combo is awkward to execute at times.

So it was with great pleasure that I discovered doorcontrol.zip from the AVSIM Library. It contains 3 variations of a gauge to control up to 4 doors that operate on Shift+E+n, plus a version that includes Tailhook (TH) and Wing Fold (WF) buttons as well. The color of the buttons changes to indicate the status of that particular door at any point in time: Open, In-Transit and Closed.

So far, it's working fine for me in Manfred Jahn's outstanding C-47 V2 addon. I assigned the gauge to its own popup window in Panel.cfg. You can see it at the bottom right corner of this screenshot, as well as the doors that I just opened with it and the first two buttons showing red, which is the "Open" status indicator:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/2015-5-3_18-41-10-411.png

Just thought I'd mention this as a possible alternative to key reassignments and/or other complex finagling. :cool:

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived