i like the lighting...

wolf2

Fantastic paint job! That looks almost exactly like the plane my father instructed in in the Navy at Pensacola and Corpus Christi a year or three back...

Thank you for a great post!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Very nice shots, wolf2, and the lighting enhances the scene by leaps and bounds!

Interesting that a Training aircraft- SNJ or any other- would be painted with a name, "Sweet Diane." When I was at Pensacola, no SNJ was ever assigned to any instructor, much less any trainee... so I would love to hear the history of this particular BuNo as to how she got a name, which implies assignment to one particular aviator, maybe the Skipper or Exec of the VT Squadron? Anybody know?

EDIT TO ADD: Never mind. I finally got zoomed in enough on the screenshot to see the civil registration number N510WW, indicating that this is a military surplus SNJ (or AT-6 painted to masquerade as an SNJ :p ), now civilian-owned, and so can be painted in any way the owner desires, including naming the aircraft "Sweet Diane" as would never have been done while it was in Naval Training Command service.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Archived