How to Add Pax Cabin Lights to Manfred Jahn C-47 V2

HoggyDog

I took my MJ C-47 V2 for her first night flight yesterday, just to admire the exhaust flames ;) and was surprised to see no passenger cabin lights at all- just black, opaque windows. I checked the overhead lighting panel but didn't see any obvious way to save my poor, suffering passengers from their involuntary blackout. :p

All of my other "tubes" show cabin lights in exterior views at night. Does anyone know how I can save my MJ C-47 V2 passengers from having to fly the unfriendly skies of Black Hole Airways during night flights?

I'm very much afraid that if I don't find a way to turn on some lights back there that one of my lovely Stews* will spill hot coffee on a disgruntled McDonald's customer and put us out of business... :p

* Yes, I'm a Neanderthal, a throwback, not even the slightest bit interested in Political Correctness and/or "newspeak." :pilot:

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Maybe a flashlight, or how about one of those strap-on headlamps? Cabin lights at night are part of the night textures, if the developer put them in. Example of my A380 night texture showing cabin lights.

A380_fuse_2_l.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Cabin lights at night are part of the night textures, if the developer put them in.

You have no idea how much I did NOT want to hear that. :( This amazing airplane is so high-quality and fun to fly...

You have no idea how much I did NOT want to hear that. :( This amazing airplane is so high-quality and fun to fly...

But then, again, it could be your viewing angle and how close you are to the aircraft.....

por ejemlpo:

Wax on!

c47 lights.JPG

Wax off!

c47 lights out.JPG

...not even the slightest bit interested in Political Correctness and/or "newspeak.

But how are you at l33t speak?? Don't look at me, I can barely read it at best, no way I'm gonna try to write it!

And so you know, my most saintly mother (she put up with me for 18 years!) was a Pan Am stew back in the day they were the height of glamour when she met my father, and she despises the term "Flight Attendant" too, so don't feel bad. Of course, that was a coon's age (or Pat's age, I suppose) back...I think the only reason my father switched (UAL pilot for a LONG time), I think, was because a few beat him over the head with meal trays until he changed, whenever he slipped and went back to "Stew"."Accidentally" of course. Turbulence can rough, I guess...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

But then, again, it could be your viewing angle and how close you are to the aircraft.....

por ejemlpo:

Wax on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178613[/ATTACH]

Wax off!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178614[/ATTACH]

You know, I could learn to hate you... :p

OK, so obviously, you found a switch. Where is it? OMG! I just noticed that your cockpit lights are on when your cabin lights are on (and/or vice versa)... I did find the Panel Lights switch, and I verified that it works in the cockpit, but it never occurred to me that it might also control cabin lights! :o Is that the one?

'Scuse me, I have to go, um, I suddenly remembered I have to go try something, you know, some unspecified, highly-technical procedure, no, nothing to do with flight simming at all, well, OK see ya.

You know, I could learn to hate you... :p

OK, so obviously, you found a switch. Where is it?

I was sitting on the runway in the view you see and hitting the (L) key. Lights on, Lights off. On the upper panel are 2 light switches labeled cabin lights, but are really for no smoking and fasten seat belts. Never really found a switch responsible for the passenger cabin.

my most saintly mother (she put up with me for 18 years!) was a Pan Am stew back in the day they were the height of glamour when she met my father, and she despises the term "Flight Attendant" too, so don't feel bad.

I was born one year after the discovery of dirt. I was 18 and in Naval Air by the time someone thought of sliced bread. I remember dressing UP in a SUIT to take an airline flight. Everyone was VERY polite, civil, and civilized. If kids screamed, mothers put an instant stop to it. Stewardesses served ACTUAL MEALS (*gasp*) not just tossed a bag of peanuts in your general direction... meals were served even on a short hop of anything much over an hour... At that time, John Wayne was an actor and Maureen O'Hara was an Actress.

Airline flying now is disgusting and shameful. People dress like those "People of Wal Mart" videos (The WalMartians) and act about the same, at least in Economy classes.

Glad someone else remembers when taking a flight was an event, not a chore. Thanks.

*climbs down off of soap box and wanders aimlessly away, hoping nobody notices the drool*

No wonder the water in the water-heater ain't hot. Some forgot to light the PILOT LIGHT!

DIS is da one!

The first airline I ever went on board was a TWA Superconny at the OLD LAX about 1954. I went with my parents who were giving a ride to her boss and his wife. They were headed to Paris. The Stews brought us on board for a tour and also got to go onto the flightdeck. Got to say hi to the Pilot, Co-pilot, Flight Engineer, and Magellan.

Pilot Light.JPG

I was sitting on the runway in the view you see and hitting the (L) key. Lights on, Lights off. On the upper panel are 2 light switches labeled cabin lights, but are really for no smoking and fasten seat belts. Never really found a switch responsible for the passenger cabin.

Hmm- I hit the L key too, but got no cabin lights... just ALL of the exterior lights, as expected. It must depend on the position of some cockpit switches...

...or, the paint I'm using (Hani Michal's HD 4096 American Airlines) simply doesn't have a lights-on night texture. Hope that's not the case.

I do not have that particular bird with me at this time, does it have an actual 3D pax cabin or are the windows painted on the fuselage?

If there is a 3D cabin then I would look for a VC light in the aircraft.cfg located in the pax cabin.

If the windows are painted on then you need a lightmap texture, correctly made with a proper Alpha channel to get any cabin lights.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

No wonder the water in the water-heater ain't hot. Some forgot to light the PILOT LIGHT! DIS is da one!

Yep, that's the one I was referring to earlier that I said turned on the cockpit lights. I'll try it again, and this time I'll check the exterior view to see if it shows glowy windows.

The first airline I ever went on board was a TWA Superconny at the OLD LAX about 1954.

What a coincidence! The first airliner I ever boarded was also a TWA Super Connie in 1954!

*sound of eerie/spooky music playing in the background*

It was also my first airline flight- my Dad had taken me flying out of Belmont or San Carlos in a Cessna 170 before that. We flew from San Fran to Idlewild, then on to London (via Gander and Shannon waypoints), Paris, Rome and Cairo. Since Dad was an airline pilot and also a TWA employee, I got some jump seat time and even got to sit in the copilot's seat for 15-20 minutes between Gander and Shannon. I remember that the Flight Engineer's station had more gauges, switches and levers than I had ever imagined could exist in one airplane. Pretty heady stuff for an "air-minded" 13-year-old, and something that could, sadly, never happen today.

From Cairo, we took an Ethiopian Air Lines flight to Addis Ababa, where my Dad worked as a DC-3/C-47 Captain for 3+ years... which explains why I am so desperately searching for an Ethiopian Air Lines paint for the MJ C-47.

I was 18 and in Naval Air by the time someone thought of sliced bread. I remember dressing UP in a SUIT to take an airline flight. Everyone was VERY polite, civil, and civilized. If kids screamed, mothers put an instant stop to it. Stewardesses served ACTUAL MEALS (*gasp*) not just tossed a bag of peanuts in your general direction... meals were served even on a short hop of anything much over an hour... At that time, John Wayne was an actor and Maureen O'Hara was an Actress.

My dad was NavAir too! Flight Instructor in the SNJ. He was quietly asked to remove himself (permanently) when he got stinking drunk, and went to a change of command at Pensacola and was leaning on a palm tree yelling "HA!" at every comment by the outgoing CO. I think he didn't like the guy much, but just a guess. And, until I joined the Corps (I had to go him one better! ;D ), I had to wear a suit to fly too (UAL only, naturally. Dad was a pilot after all!)), but got the same cockpit priveliges. Say hello, jumpseat if empty, that kinda thing. Stay SILENT unless directly addressed, etc. "SIR" was a big part of my lexicon, then. Still is, come to think!

I always thought it was simply the way one flew as a passenger. I just wore my uniform after that. Charlies for short flights, Alphas for the long ones. I did wear my utilities on a Airforce bird between Millington (where I was in school for Avionics) and Pensacola once to go visit Tom, my dad's good pal from "back then" and CO of the Survival School. Remind to tell you how he nearly shot himself down once...

I even actually liked airline food, back when it existed. Served hot, and with real flatware to eat with! I have gotten pretty decent at fielding the peanuts nowadays, though. What I really REALLY miss are the macadamia nuts on the Hawaii bound and inter-island flights, that we took every year for vacation. I miss climbing down the tail stairs on the inter-island 727's, or the self-contained "airstair" on 737's, and getting that first real good deep lungfull of Island air, mixed with jet exhaust and the scent of orchids from the leis they handed out as we deplaned. To me it was Heaven's own perfume. Middle of the school year for me. I did miss the girls...Until we got to the Islands, that is!

Sorry, took a stroll down Memory Lane for a minute there. I'll quit now...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

...or, the paint I'm using (Hani Michal's HD 4096 American Airlines) simply doesn't have a lights-on night texture. Hope that's not the case.

I have downloaded and installed the HiDef paint for the American Airlines and tried the cabin lights. Works fine just turning on the Pilot's Light switch. Keep in mind the cabin lights are on the ceiling. No overhead baggage compartments with individual reading lights. You have to view fairly close up and at a "from below" angle.

C-47 HiDef.JPG

I have downloaded and installed the HiDef paint for the American Airlines and tried the cabin lights. Works fine just turning on the Pilot's Light switch. Keep in mind the cabin lights are on the ceiling. No overhead baggage compartments with individual reading lights. You have to view fairly close up and at a "from below" angle.

Yep, got it, thanks. Knowing which switch to click, even though it's mislabeled, was the key. I found 4 cabin lights in aircraft.cfg, spaced 6 feet apart, all using fx_vclight.fx, which is a very dim light. So I replaced them with much brighter lights that I found in my installation, called fx_R4D_Cabin_7.fx. It's at least visible now- here's a couple of night-flight views:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/C-47%20Using%20vclight%20effects.png

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/Hoggy_Dog/C-47%20Using%20R4D_Cabin%20effects.png

Color this one SOLVED, and thanks for your help!

Archived