Coming soon to a theater near me...

A new graphic card will arrive before the weekend? A 560 for a 750 Nvidia. My plan is just as simple as swapping. So, what will it happen?

Will Windows 7 x64 complain or the bios will do its magic and voila? Will FSX? BTW, 650Watts.

Cheers,

A new graphic card will arrive before the weekend? A 560 for a 750 Nvidia. My plan is just as simple as swapping. So, what will it happen?

Will Windows 7 x64 complain or the bios will do its magic and voila? Will FSX? BTW, 650Watts.

Cheers,

PC specs pls ? ;)

Make sure your PC is off and unplugged, wait about 5 minutes before opening it.

Use any metal piece (knife, spoon) touch any contact to liberate it from static electricity.

once you install new GC, you restart your PC (obviously it's off for the GC swap )

The system will integrate new info, thats it.

I did a processor swap the same way and everything was ok.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi,

Use any metal piece (knife, spoon) touch any contact to liberate it from static electricity.

I would rather not do this. This could as well introduce static and have the adverse effect. Rather touch some metal, i.e. the metal legs of your desk, or anything else to get static off yourself as good as you can and then go and change the card.

I am sure you have checked that the new card will fit into your case - spacewise?

And yes, a must as Brian states:

Don't forget to remove/uninstall the previous video drivers before swapping the cards!

And very helpful what JSkorna recommended:

Move your FSX.cfg out, let FSX rebuild the file, add back in any tweaks.

Cheers

Frank

Thanks to you all guys,

This Friday seems to be the arrival date. I'll better prepare for the vigil. Delivery guys/girls are not what they used to be (sneaky avoiding stairs).

Intel I7 2700, Ram 8.00 GB, Win 7 x64 SP1.

Cheers,

Guess what? The card came yesterday, two days ahead of schedule. I installed it today. All good. Windows did its thing and then Nvidia installed the latest drivers as required for the card.

Now onto the Owner of this PC, FSX. Let's see what it has to say. Out of curiosity I am going to star it as is and see what happen. Then if needed I will analyze and take actions from there.

I'll be back (but without the truck LOL),

Cheers,

The boss fund out very quickly. It change settings according to the new card and reset everything else. Oh well, let me go with the N-Inspector and the FSX.CFG routine. No biggie and it will be a double check anyways.

Thanks and cheers,

Archived