FSX.exe file on new install?

66Coronet

Hello, I did a fresh install on a new computer. In the FSX program files, the FSX file does not have .exe behind it. Neither does the DVD FSX file. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, but did the same thing. It also did not put a desktop icon on like I asked it to.Everything seems to work fine, but I do not want to spend the time tweaking everything if this is a problem. Anyone ever had this happen? Is it a problem?

Thanks Scott.

In the FSX program files, the FSX file does not have .exe behind it. Neither does the DVD FSX file.

It's a new computer, so you probably havent unchecked "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options yet. That's why you don't see them. And no, hidden extensions should not pose any problems.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I think you mean 'taught me a lot about MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS'. Anything that affects your computer, or Windows, will affect FSX. We tend to forget this fact. They are inter-related. Sometimes we get confused about who/what/which (Windows or FSX) is to blame for a 'problem'. So, you do need to learn PC (hardware), Windows (software) and FSX (hardware and software). It's a miracle we can fly at all. But we prevail anyway.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived