Entry-Level Addon

akshar2002

A better recommendation is to use the "Lessons" inside of your Sim. It will teach you what you want to know. Always start off with something simple like the 172 (Which is the aircraft used in the lessons),

Welcome to the Forum!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Please explain what you mean by "advanced".

Do you know how to fly a GA aircraft and want to process to something more complex? Or are you just starting out and want a realistic plane to toy with?

Please explain what you mean by "advanced".

Do you know how to fly a GA aircraft and want to process to something more complex? Or are you just starting out and want a realistic plane to toy with?

I am just starting out and I want to know some plane that can help me learn.

For starting out, the default planes should be enough, they are not all that bad. Best if you tried out the "Lessons" and "Missions" that are already in FSX anyway.

If you want to start "advanced" right now:

- If you want to learn a bit of the real thing, down to walk arounds and wear and tear get an A2A GA plane (Cessna 172 or Piper 180).

- A (small) bit less complex: RealAir Lancair Legacy

OK, sounds like you want something that has a programmable FMC (flight management computer). You might have to search according to what type of aircraft you want to fly, 737, 747, etc. I don't use that at all so there may be no freeware aircraft that will have everything you want. You may have to start with a payware, maybe less expensive and complicated than PMDG.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

So im guessing you know how to use the GPS, FPl's VOR / tacan CDI. .running circuits. . .

first get a book on amazon perhaps called

Microsoft Flight Simulator X for Pilots: Real World Training

by Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane-Cummings

it gives a very concise, clear learning tutorial from prop run about fun to advanced IFR training.

there are also many you tubes vids about to back up the tutorials

forget about pmdg blah blah . .perhaps get yourself a carenado and learn true flight management by actually flying a plane. you won't regret it

try the c208 caravan HD EX

Archived