AI traffic landing

Tigani

Does this happen with every aircraft or only with your E170. I never noticed such a behaviour although I use lots of different AI aircraft. Usually AI aircraft don't care much about what's written in their aircraft.cfg or air-file. You might go there and try changing brake strength.

Something else I can recommend is a little program called FS9 configurator. Should be here in the file library. It has a function to change the AI-taxi-speed. That way they won't block the runway for long.

Hope that helps.

Another question, are you using a flyable as an ai or is it a proper ai type aircraft, the reason I ask is I changed a flyable recently to use as an ai and that did the same, also it tipped on it's tail till it gained speed then went back on it's front wheels again.

Hi,

There are two segments to the deceleration - first is reverse thrust (controlled by the min_throttle_limit), and last is braking (controlled by the toe_brake_scalar).

For the former, increase the value (or make it less negative) to decrease the reverse thrust and lengthen the early deceleration (down to around 40 kts). For the latter, decrease the value to lengthen the late deceleration (below around 40 kts).

You'll need to use trial and error to get the values correct - a long process when testing landings...

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi,

There are two segments to the deceleration - first is reverse thrust (controlled by the min_throttle_limit), and last is braking (controlled by the toe_brake_scalar).

For the former, increase the value (or make it less negative) to decrease the reverse thrust and lengthen the early deceleration (down to around 40 kts). For the latter, decrease the value to lengthen the late deceleration (below around 40 kts).

You'll need to use trial and error to get the values correct - a long process when testing landings...

Hope this helps,

oh tell me about it !

you know I spent like 4 hours doing this but i didn’t get any results

so i write this thread

OK So to be clear my E170 min_throttle_limit currently is = -0.850000

and toe_brake_scalar is = 0.185

Based on that can you change it to the values that give me the prefect results ?

thank you sir

The toe brake scalar being = 0.185 is almost no brakes, so it relies on reverse thrust to slow (ie: -0.850000). Bad mechanics/dynamics, IMHO. Min throttle limit s/b no more than '-0.290000).

This might help:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aardvark_embraer_e-jets_package.zip //ORIGINAL base pack

aia_emb195.air, 03-04-11, 8.921 kb //Original AIR FILE

toe_brakes_scale = 0.185

min_throttle_limit = -0.650000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

embraer_e-jets_package_v2.zip //this is a FIX**

aia_emb195.air, 07-20-12, 8.635 kb //New AIR File - FIX**

toe_brakes_scale=0.885037

min_throttle_limit=-0.250000

Start with this FIX and then see what happens. Then look at air file for reverse thrust (s/b '-29') and braking strength (s/b '32767' for full strength, or '25600' for less strength).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Look in the AIR file. The specific values can be found in there. Section 313 is 'reverse thrust= -29' ('-100' max). And inside section 1101 (flight dynamics) is 'braking strength=32767'. (These are the 'default' settings. You then modify the cfg to attain your desired result). Sometimes the modeler will not even look at the air file. So as a result you get 'wishy-washy' dynamics. Happens all the time.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived