Default 737-400 panel HSI modification request/question

Wildthing

I have been playing around with using the Friendly panels FMC along with the default 737-400. The FMC certainly makes the panel more usable and lifelike. The only remaining issue with the default panel is the terrible HSI that it contains. The default 747-400 and 777-300 are also guilty of this issue. I was wondering, if anybody has been able to replaced the HSI with the GPS in a manner that the GPS forms a moving map display? I believe the skydecks 737NG panel does this.

If this is not possible, is there a good freeware EHSI that can be subsituted and what changes need to be made to the panel.cfg file?

The default 737 HSI's are pretty accurate to the type fitted in the 300-400-500 series. These were the "old" type or "steam" gauge models. The 600 series onwards have the "glass" gauges with moving map display, on LED monitors. You will need to install a 737NG add-on aircraft and panel, and fortunately you are spoilt for choice of freeware and payware versions available for FS2004 - you're going to ask which is best, and there are more threads on that subject here than any other, read them and then take your pick!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived