Aircraft Carriers in FS9 ?

Gringo6

FS2004

There is a single aircraft carrier in the default scenery of FS2004, namely the USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63). The carrier has no navigational aids and no functionality of catapult and arrestor cables.

To reach the carrier takeoff from San Francisco Airport (KSFO) and head west. After reaching the ocean you'll be able to locate the carrier. Alternatively from KSFO fly VOR 115.80 outbound for 13.5 nm on radial 288.

The angled runway of the deck is at heading 064 while the carrier movement is at heading 074

There are 4 carriers in FSX

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

HOWever: There are a number of add-ons (freeware), both single carriers and an 18 Pack, modern and WWII. All are "landable", and have navaids, ILS, VOR and NDB, as well as the addition to the map and GPS, as well as the ability to find in the starting airport and "Go to Airport menu selection. There's even 2 just for helicopters, a carrier and a "practice" ship similar to a guided missile cruiser.

They are placable all over the world.

Just type "carrier" into the library search engine. Another dandy add-on is rcbco-20.zip, by Rob Barendregt., a prolific and very good gauge maker. This adds a catapult and tailhook gauge to your aircraft, and the position in the world of each carrier mentioned above, both the spots for the cats and for the arresting wires. Best product I've ever found to land (or take off!) on a carrier. Most carrier add-ons have the proper info for adding their cat and trap spots into Rob's gauges. If the info isn't included with the boat, well, Rob has a gauge to find the data you need. Easy to use, small and simple. Great stuff, Rob makes!

I can expound on this stuff all day, believe me. Look it up, if you want to land on carriers!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived