TDS Panel Change Questions

pjsvegas

Not a complete novice, but first time trying to install a panel! TDS_boeing__787_americanairlines_n800an fs2004_tds_panel_project_v2. There are 2 readme files, is one fsx and the other fs9? I have tried multiple ways including changing the aircraft cfg. Do the original panel files get deleted? Where I think I really het lost is in the TDS manual, it has a multitude of things that need to be changed. At first when I started a/c there was no panel at all, then I deleted the standard panel file and it showed what appeared to be a picture of a new panel but none of the features worked. It showed a weather radar gauge that was inop and the other gauge areas were blacked out. This is the first time after reading many posts I have not been able to figure out the download. Have read others that have said this was a great panel?

Would like to see a screen shot of the correct way the TDS changes need to be done. Thanks for any help!

Mr Z, Thanks for your reply. I get a new panel that is blacked out in the gauge area and the only feature that works is the panel light switch on the left console. I must be a little off somewhere? Do you think Window 7 64 bit is a problem? Do you have this panel installed and working on an aircraft?

I just did a relook to make sure, yes everything is there in the right place. Really not to many posts and answers on this subject. I am sure that there is more to be done according to TDS manual on changing panels. It was more than I could understand. Very detailed changes to the panel .cfg file.

I just did a relook to make sure, yes everything is there in the right place. Really not to many posts and answers on this subject. I am sure that there is more to be done according to TDS manual on changing panels. It was more than I could understand. Very detailed changes to the panel .cfg file.

Ok, I guess you had to edit the panel.cfg because of adding the additional FMC. Sounds like a lot of work.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Some of the earlier addon panels were a little buggy.

The later ones work fine, just follow the panel readme.

My FS9 folder structure is like this:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/panel.jpg

There should be no need to do anything except edit the panel line in the aircraft.cfg file. In my case I am using the ws panel, so:

[fltsim.0]

title=Plane0 FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT1110000000_OPTDEC11110 Boeing 787-8 ANA 1st JA801A

sim=Boeing 787-8 RR

model=

panel=ws

sound=TSS

texture=ANA

checklists=

etc

etc

Do not change anything else, TDS has mandatory lines all over the place.

The panel comes up fine:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/CHARL_photos/787%20panel.jpg

Judging by your comments so far, I'd get a late-model panel, do a fresh TDS aircraft install, and then do the panel.

Hope this helps you.

Wing_Z, Thank you for the reply and screen shot. I get everything except the Panel.pr and panel.ws, I don't see those anywhere in the download. Did you install the FMC? You have sound=TSS mine is blank, my a/c is 787-8 GE do think that makes any difference? Also why the hudetz readme and the download readme?

Wing_Z, Thank you for the reply and screen shot. I get everything except the Panel.pr and panel.ws, I don't see those anywhere in the download. Did you install the FMC? You have sound=TSS mine is blank, my a/c is 787-8 GE do think that makes any difference? Also why the hudetz readme and the download readme?

The Aircraft.cfg that Wing_Z provided is just an example; the 'Panel.pr' and 'Panel.ws' are separate Panels, that aren't associated with the one you're using.

The 'sound=TSS' line in the Aircraft.cfg indicates a 3rd Party Sound package for the 787; again, not associated with your issues.

The 'hudetz' Readme is the Disclaimer, and the 'download' Readme are the Instructions for using the Panel; where the click spots are located, and the 'Shift +' keystrokes to pull up the Pop Up Panels. There are also Instructions for matching the Panels to the particular variants of the 787.

Like Zippy and Wing_Z said... TDS airplanes are tricky to Install, especially when merging 3rd Party Panels. If you run into problems, sometimes it's a good idea just to start from scratch with a new airplane, and give it another shot. It took me a couple of tries to get it right!

Hope this helps!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Thanks Alan, I will give it another try. Does your FMC work properly?

If you're referring to the Garrett Smith FMC, yes, it does work.

I'm using Version 1 of this Panel, but the FMC is the same.

:pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived