Panel.cfg

Arachdee

Hi arach,

The SDK (Software Development Kit) contains all the information you're likely to need. It's automatically installed with the Steam version of FSX. It's included with the Deluxe and Gold versions but must be installed manually.

The panel info is found in the SimObject Creation Kit, Panels and Gauges SDK, Panel Configuration Files section.

Incidentally, the SDK found on the Deluxe disc is in HTML format and can be easily edited or annotated. The updated Acceleration and Steam versions are CHM files and I've never found a way to edit these. The panel info is the same in both versions.

Jim F.

Try this.

Greatest site I've found to date to explain what does what to which in panel files. A few short key-strokes and the other SDKs are all available at your finger-tips. I use them all the time. Give them a look.

Pat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I am interested in learning to add gauges to the panel.cfg. Where can I go to understand what the lines of text mean?

Thanks

The question must be "refined"

Opposite to the other replies here i would only suggest to go to the flightsim library

pick up one and open the readme file to see how its installed.

You need to know how to "add" or how to "create" ?

There are gauge installations as easy as putting the toilet paper in the holder.

If you want to learn how to create gauges, that's another thing.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The question must be "refined"

Opposite to the other replies here i would only suggest to go to the flightsim library

pick up one and open the readme file to see how its installed.

You need to know how to "add" or how to "create" ?

There are gauge installations as easy as putting the toilet paper in the holder.

If you want to learn how to create gauges, that's another thing.

+1 and there is a BIG difference between adding stuff to the 2D panel as opposed to the VC panel.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

+1 and there is a BIG difference between adding stuff to the 2D panel as opposed to the VC panel.

Yet another detail.

im just suposing that to OP just needs to know how to add them.

Basing it on the fact that he has only 32 posts, the less posts the newer you are to FS,

i dont know, just guessing :)

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived