Problem light mapping FSDS 3.5.1

vince780

Hello everyone,

I encounter a problem of texture.

I use FS Design Studio 3.5.1 and I compile my models with XToMDL.

I'm just finishing a ship model, I want to make a fixed model, an AI traffic, and a controllable models.

My version of BGL model and AI traffic are finished by cons regarding piloted my model, I have a right to the VC, I don not have the intention to do something complex, but at least have some onboard instrument Solicitating because it is a helicopter carrier, so would like to put atc radar and other navigation instruments.

But here is my problem is the following, regarding the VC I followed the tutorial dealing with different textures for jagues and light texture.

I have followed the following tutorial:

FSX Textures Emissive and How They Relate to Virtual Cockpit Lighting Bill Leaming to understand but it is Gmax.

I ve also watch this tutorial

VC Gauge Backlighting - A Tutorial

Using Emissive Texture lightmapping Bill Leaming

Massimo Taccoli, made me a tutorial, in order to replicate this kind of texture in FS Design Studio outside it seems that something about him does not work at home.

In the example indicated by Massimo, he appoints his _panel_VCpan.bmp texture

texture that raises the gauges, but from my side if I name the texture in this way, my gauges n not appear in FSX by cons if I name my $ texture panel and that I apply in the FSDS my gauges work properly.(show screen)

massim10.jpg

Indicate the material is as follows(show screen)

massim11.jpg

1 questions: the SEVERAL way to create texture on which positions the gauges?

2 question: is there someone like me?

In terms of light texture, here's question:

Is the room should have a special name like Panel_light?

what_n10.jpg

It is necessary that the room is the same name as the texture?

case10.jpg

How does one activates the play?

Which axis should be towards the back of the appreil and to which part of the plane face of the polygon must be direct?

I managed to creating night texture in the stage, panel_LM example by checking the box N

When I want a light texture created either by checking the box with no light mapping L Alpha Chanel, it does not work.

sorry for all his questions but I already rowed for AC with FS 2004 and FSX I am lost.

I thank all those who can help me.

I'm actually a fairly regular visitor here as well. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about how Louis has set up FSDS's operations.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Hello everyone

thank you for your answer, here is the link to my post on FS devellopper.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/problem-light-mapping-fsds-3-5-1.433640/

I have some trouble focusing to speak English, I did my translations with google translators.

fsdsxtweak I know, but we can not simply do without fsdsxtweak?

good day

Archived