installing FS9 into new computer

vride1

how exactly do I go about installing FS9 into my new computer? How do I uninstall it from the current one (if I need to?) I'm assuming I have to reinstall all my downloaded scenery, aircraft, etc separate after FS9 is on the new setup? Thanks

You have two choices.

1. Install FS9 onto your new computer and then reinstall all the addons. You do not need to uninstall your FS9 on the old computer.

2. Install FS9 onto your new computer, then rename the folder by adding "Backup". Then copy the entire FS9 installation from your old computer onto your new computer. Give it the folder name you used in the original install onto this new computer. You may have to reinstall payware addon programs, etc. if they don't work.

PS. You can delete the Backup installation if you don't have room on your hard drive, but I find it useful.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Addons which use online registration/keys possibly are best uninstalled from your old system first. Otherwise you may have reinstallation issues. Not really sure on this one to be honest.

I would add that any payware that requies registration are best installed fresh on your new system. You should save the aircraft.cfg and texture folders from your existing setup as these are easily copied over once you have reinstalled.

Addons which use online registration/keys possibly are best uninstalled from your old system first. Otherwise you may have reinstallation issues. Not really sure on this one to be honest.

I would add that any payware that requies registration are best installed fresh on your new system. You should save the aircraft.cfg and texture folders from your existing setup as these are easily copied over once you have reinstalled.

Yup, that's what I did..

1. Copied the whole original FS folder AS WELL AS The folder, the name I forget, from My Documents. (the Flights folder).

2. Paste the lot into the new PC.. I pasted the main FS folder where it should go,, the default My Programs folder.

3. I the used the Flight1 Registry repair tool to tell the registery where the sim was.

4. Thatever payware, or any other stuff that is not working then gets re-installed.

I've done this so many times, I have a 'Master' install that I use at our VA.

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived