Wanting to get back in the saddle again

henry31

Hello All

I want to get back in to PC flying and well, I have been out of it for quite a while. I have been flying MS flight sim since version 95 the latest I owned was MS flight sim X (which I can’t find since the move last month. I am looking to find out what I should do since I have been out of it for a few years now. With X I liked flying made up routes in Alaska using online ATC and using downloaded bush aircraft and light commercial aircraft.

Should I keep looking for my missing flight sim x, or purchase a new copy or is there something better out there either from MS or another company? Thank you for the advice in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bryan

Ok so i got FSX deluxe loaded again. now time to update. I don't remember it being so uncontrollable on the ground or the stock 172 always wanting to drift left. is this fixed in the updates or is this something i have to adjust in my controller? i remember that if there was no considerable wind and you had the elevator trimmed up the plane would fly pretty straight and level. i have the p-factor and torque set to 0 so i don't believe it has anything to do with that. i have my rudder sensitivity set really low witch i don't like while flying but it is unruly on the ground. i've got a got a good setting for null for both rudder and aileron but it still wants to track left. any ideas on how to get better performance out of FSX?

Hi,

I don't know what the problem is but there is one. It's normal for the 172 to veer slightly left as power is applied but this should be easily overcome with a slight application of rudder. I recommend returning the settings to what they were originally, making sure your controller is working properly before starting FSX, choosing a no wind theme and trying again. If autopilot was on this could cause a control problem but seems unlikely unless it was set inadvertently at some point.

Jim F.

Archived