32 inch lcd led tv's ok for screens?

miloguy

I thought about 3 27s but I like the new 32 inch tv screens ,

was kind of thinking like 3 , maybe with a triple head to go..

this is for when I eventually (hopefully soon ) get a new pc

would these be ok for fsx ? or are there 32 inch normal monitor screens out there?

TV's are much less expensive than good 32" monitors, but don't have as good resolution. http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=&cs=04&sku=210-ACBL&dgc=SS&cid=285153&lid=5448006&acd=12309209227460810 This is a high resolution, high performance monitor from Dell. Samsung, LG, NEC, at least, also have them at prices from 3-400$ and up.

DJ

They'll work, assuming you have a proper feed (probably HDMI) to each monitor (or DVI, or...) but, as David says, the resolution is potentially better on a decent purpose-built computer monitor. I have a 24" computer monitor and a 22" HDTV, fed by HDMI, and the detail is better on the computer monitor, but colors and some other things are a little better on the TV (perhaps settings?), but I'm running them both at 1920x1080p, and both work fine for either FSX or P3D, just a mild appearance difference.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi, I am using an Ultra HD 48 inch TV screen and fly mainly PMDG 737/777. I use FS2Crew, Orbix, REX4 ASN Ezdoc etc. HDMI . Full screen mode slightly fuzzy but windowed mode almost as good as comp monitor. Also use 2 nd 27 inch monitor for undocked FMC etc. It has changed my immersion in the aircraft as it is almost full size compared to the real cockpit. Love it!

• 4 weeks later...
I would have thought that 3 32" TVs rigged up together via a triple head 2 go would get rather warm!? That's the only thing that has stopped me using a TV is the heat they give off. That and the fact that the visuals aren't as good. I tried a 737 flight using my toshiba 32" and the colours were overkill. Even on the lowest setting. A bit cartoony!

Archived