what the fsx community needs is

erolsungur

"What this country needs is a really good five-cent cigar"

Thomas R. Marshall, 28th Vice President of the United States

the other day, i have encountered this phrase. it made me into thinking and making analogies to fsx (if it looks like, i am taking mr. marshall's words too lightly, no i don't. it's just analogies are seldom correct).

i would say: what the fsx community needs is a well simulated, under 20$, long range business jet.

what i mean with this is:

. carenado, flight1 or pmdg level of quality (sorry wilco...)

. long range / large cabin: could be a 5/7/8x from dassult (hell maybe even a 900lx), global 5/6k, gulfstream 550/650 (i think gulfstream is not into sharing data with simmers), or maybe a challenger 605

there are tons of aircraft for fsx, but the business jet segment has either out of date planes or lower quality.

don't we deserve a pmdg level global 6000 for a transatlantic flight?

erol

c'mon andyjohnston,

we all are aware that:

i. i dont have the knowledge to do that, as i am not a developer but an end user.

ii. even if i would have done it, i dont have the proper distribution chanels to reach enough simmers such that these simmers x 20$ covers the expenses.

if carenado can make a citation, then they can also make a falcon.

under 20 bucks?

this is their business choice...

erol

While I agree with your request, it's not gonna happen. Too much time and effort goes into making these types of aircraft with the detail we want, that the author(s) have to make a decent return.

"you get what you pay for". Which is to say, a $20 aircraft will most likely be substandard, while a $50+ dollar aircraft will likely be what you're looking for. And you can forget about a Gulfstream. That company will not allow their planes to be used in flight sims. At ALL. (unless it's a private user, privately made, non distributable, etc)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

You already get a business jet / long range 'PMDG quality' for fsx. And for that price or less. iFly have the complete BBJ range along with the -700ER and all will allow 5000+nm flights.

Been around for yonks too. I've been flying them for last couple years or so. Old news. :)

But the OP wants something under $20.....

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Been around for yonks too. I've been flying them for last couple years...

Yonks. Yonks. Possibilities:

1. Yonkers, New York. Makes no sense and patently unflyable, but phonetically the closest actual word to "Yonks."

2. Wordplay on "Yanks," i.e. American-made, viz., i.e. and to wit: Boeings, Lockheeds, Grummans, Learjets before they were sold to the Canucks, Cessnas, Beeches (including sons of Beeches, AKA Hawkers), Mooneys, Douglases, McDonnells, McDonnell-Douglases, North Americans, Maules, Cirruses (Cirri?) and so forth.

3. One of these goofy definitions.

Please describe which Yonks you've been flying for "last couple of years" and how we can get PMDG-quality Yonks into our very own FSX installations for around $20.

As Daffy Duck once sagely observed, "Pronoun trouble." :D

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

You guys aren't thinking 4th dimensionally.

Flight1 sell the iFly product for $59.95. 600/700/800/900/BBJ/BBJ2/BBJ3.

So if want to fly the smallest business jet in the Boeing NG range, you'd pay $8.56. Now, considering that the package also includes the 700ER and 900ER, you'll actually be paying $6.66 for the BBJ.

That's a bargain no matter how you look at it.

But knowing the unbelievable value for money you get with the iFly 737NG, is no surprise for many of us. We've known about its great value for yonky donks.

I remember when you had to buy software at a brick and mortar store and when you saw a title you wanted but it was too expensive, you would just wait 6 months or so for the price to drop because the retail establishment wanted to move inventory.

That doesn't happen nowadays anymore. PMDG will always remain at the price it is currently at; for some it is too expensive. For me it is about value, I personally cannot justify spending $50+ for a plane, regardless how good it is.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Flight1 sell the iFly product for $59.95. 600/700/800/900/BBJ/BBJ2/BBJ3.

But knowing the unbelievable value for money you get with the iFly 737NG, is no surprise for many of us. We've known about its great value for yonky donks.

Yonky donks. I see what you did there. :D

Does anyone know if the iFly 737NG package is compatible with FSX:SE? I have tried to research this and found two reviews plus the Flight1 and iFly websites, but all of them are 3-5 years old, long before Steam and Dovetail got together. Some of the articles I found describe the iFly 737NG as an FS9/FS2004 product, which is pretty scary when I'm considering shelling out $60 for it.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Of course people will continue to purchase it at that price because there is no option to purchase it at any other price.

Sure there is: at $0.00. If every single person did this, then the price would have to come down or there would be zero sales. But because PMDG knows this will never happen, there is no reason to lower the price. And digital copies are not taking up space on a shelf or in a warehouse either.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

You can't have a Dassault or a Gulfstream because both companies are protective of their brand rights. Discussion about prices is a waste of time.

Develop freeware and see if you can get away with it or kwitcherbitchin, you just don't' understand the situation.

Archived