Digital Combat Simulator

usb777

Came across Digital Combat Simulator on the web. Anybody know anything about it?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

DCS has been around for a few years,very immersive sim with pretty nice graphics.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/images/flaming_cliffs/home_fc3.jpg DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) is the next evolution of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25T, and Su-25. FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft including air-to-air fighters and ground pounding attack aircraft. FC3 adds a wealth of new features and improvements to previous versions of the Flaming Cliffs series. FC3 is a module of DCS: World, which makes it compatible with all other DCS: World titles like A-10C, Black Shark 2, P-51D, and Combined Arms.

New Key Features for the Flaming Cliffs Series:

• Compatibility with all DCS titles through DCS World integration.
  • New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C, Su-27, A-10A and Su-25.
  • New Su-27 external model.
  • New F-15C, Su-27, and Su-33 campaigns.
  • Improved landing dynamics.
  • Improved flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles.
  • Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems.
  • Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions.
  • Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia.
  • Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, terrain detail and AI.

and Zippy is probably correct that you would do better in the "combat sim" forums....

Thanks, I have posted in SOH and received some responses as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Guest ironroad

Hi Usb777,

I am first time poster and long time flight Sim fan going back to the 1990s. DCS in its current interation has been around since 2013, prior to that the series was called Lock On: Modern Air Combat, which was first released in late 2003.

DCS core is free to download and fly the Su-25T and unarmed TF-51 trainer. There are several modules for DCS that do cost money, ie The P-51, F-86, MIG-21, UH-1, MI-8, and A-10C. Also th F-15C, SU-27/33, A-10A, MIG-29, and SU-25 are featured in the Flamming Cliffs 3 module. Eagle Dynamics is working on updating the graphics engine of DCS and should release an new version soon.

DCS players have a large online presence at the following websites: http://www.simhq.com, wwww.combatace.com, and the DCS publisher's website http://forums.eagle.ru/index.php.

Also, there is a pretty sprawling DCS video making community on YouTube. I have a page dedicated to DCS, and previously Lock On, F-15c videos I have made over the years.

I hope this information is helpful and look forward to participating on this forum.

Archived