More fps

Sas68

HI. I play fsx and want it run smoother. When i have real updated weather thr fps go down and fsx to around 20. And if it is heavy weather, for exampel fog fps go down to 20. When I have fair weather it run well. My computer specs Intel Core Intel Core i5-4460-processor

AMD Radeon R5 235, 2 GB

8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD

Addons i use is pmdg 737 and some freeware scenery.

More fps,annyone can help me.

Right off the top, complaining about 20 frames with dense clouds while flying a highly detailed aircraft is nit-picking. Turn off the frame counter. If you can fly in clouds without VISUAL stutters, you should consider yourself a happy camper.

One place to start optimizing is the tweaking guide in the sticky at the top of the main forum page.

Be aware you assume ALL risk from modifying FSX and some modifications require above average skill and understanding of how FSX and your computer works.

Tweaks are HIGHLY dependent on each user's system and skill. There are very few which work for everyone and the ones that do, only produce modest (if any obvious) visual improvement.

A common mistake is modifying FSX in a shotgun approach, not testing each mod individually and extensively before adding another.

Another common mistake is not backing up currently working files before you modify them.

One reason weather is slowing you down, is CLOUDS which are in the top 5 FSX features for eating frames. High detailed aircraft models together with high detailed scenery and clouds contribute together to slow the sim. Every FSX user has to decide what's MOST important to them. Is it the airplane? If so, reduce the realism of the other FSX features. Is it the scenery? Reduce aircraft details or fly simpler models.

Most people want all three. To get that you need a very powerful CPU approaching 4GHz or more and even these computer users have to make careful decisions about what compromises they will accept based on their type of flying. I believe your CPU is in the 3.2GHz range and is over-clockable. OC is a skill which you need to apply VERY CAREFULLY if you choose to do this, understanding that even a carefully and effectively OC'd machine can crash once in a while for no apparent reason and you have to accept this as one of the costs of doing business.

Done carefully coupled with very careful tweaking, a *reasonably" stable sim with a small increase in performance is obtainable through OC and crashes will be very rare.

Based on what you have told us so far, leave everything alone, turn off the frame counter and just go have fun. You are doing better than 90% of the people asking for help here.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

HI. I play fsx and want it run smoother. When i have real updated weather thr fps go down and fsx to around 20. And if it is heavy weather, for exampel fog fps go down to 20. When I have fair weather it run well. My computer specs Intel Core Intel Core i5-4460-processor

AMD Radeon R5 235, 2 GB

8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD

Hit the Alt key on your keyboard so that you have the task bar at the top of the FSX screen. Then, using your mouse, park the cursor at the top of the screen in the task-bar area. Your framerate should increase noticeably.

AMD Radeon R5 235, 2 GB

8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD

Buy a faster computer.

Optimise the FSX .cfg.

Turn sliders down.

Those are your solutions.

Archived