Carenado C182 brakes?

gdr1944

Hello:

Carenado C 182 for example only allows tow brakes.

I know how to cfg controls, buttons, switches and keyboard with default menu or FSUIPC

With ALL freeware aircraft I can have single button, keyboard brakes and/or rudder / differential tow brakes.

I have studied aircraft cfg's brake section of freeware and Carenado and see no real difference.

I would like to have Carenado single button or default .> keyboard brakes and/or rudder / differential tow brakes.

Maybe the fix is in the air file.

Thanks for looking

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

I do not have that plane yet believe all you need in the aircraft.cfg is...

differential_braking_scale=1

...to get differential braking.

I suppose it is possible that they have a custom gauge to control it though that seems out of character for Carenado.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I do not have that plane yet believe all you need in the aircraft.cfg is...

differential_braking_scale=1

...to get differential braking.

In fact differential_braking_scale is a float, it can range from 0.00 to 1.00.

For example 0.50 results in less difference between left/right brakes when applied, thus a less abrupt turn.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

My first question is....Do you use only the keyboard to fly your aircraft, No joystick?

So if you press the period key >.(shows both symbols of the keytop) your brakes do not show in the lower left corner of the screen and stop the Carenado C182?

Where does it show only toe brakes for this aircraft? Does that mean you have to have rudder pedals on your floor?

I think my head just spun off my shoulders! :p

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

AND: Just because I am a word nazi, they're actually called TOE (as in "I stubbed my toe!") Brakes, not TOW Brakes. SO called because you push down on the top of the rudder pedals with your TOES, causing them to rotate slightly, rather than shoving the whole pedal forward with your entire foot and a leg motion.

Sorry, I just had to say it...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My first question is....Do you use only the keyboard to fly your aircraft, No joystick?

So if you press the period key >.(shows both symbols of the keytop) your brakes do not show in the lower left corner of the screen and stop the Carenado C182?

Where does it show only toe brakes for this aircraft? Does that mean you have to have rudder pedals on your floor?

I think my head just spun off my shoulders! :p

Yes I have rudder pedals w/toe

Shows only differential brakes in lower left

Joy stick assignments and keyboard .> have no brake effect

Army Engineer Veteran..Busted for insubordination Nam-1966 :cool:

My last thoughts on this would be your original idea that a change in the .air file might be in order to make the brakes easier to apply by using the period on the keyboard instead of the toe brakes. You might have to contact someone at Carenado about that.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived