Unable to select livery.

dialta

I downloaded the CL 215 water bomber, installed it, and modified it to show the correct propellers. Everything seems to run correctly. It has seven "liveries" included in the "aircraft.cfg" file. However, no matter how I try, I cannot seem to select any of them. The aircraft appears stark white, without any colors whatsoever. I'm a long-time flight sim user, but this is the first time I've tried to choose a livery, and I've tried every thing that I know and still have a white aircraft. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance.

What's the filename of the .zip file you downloaded to get the aircraft?

And on what site did you download it?

Without that it's guesswork.:)

I'm trying the one from Fly-in-the-ointment simulations.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4886/fsx-canadair-cl215-v3/

8 liveries and no need for Propspin fix.

water bomber.JPG

load drop.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Oh, I do have one guess...

Some addon aircraft will display white in dx10 mode. Unfixable.

Info about DX10:

Dx10 or Dx9 mode can be selected in options-settings-graphics in the "graphics" tab.

looks like this:

dx10.JPG

The Dx10 option is only available if fsx is updated with SP1 and SP2

Or when fsx is updated to FSX-Acceleration.

And the graphics card needs to be capable of DX10 also. (most are these days.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update Zippy! That looks fine, download cancelled, was taking to long;).

Still downloading 215fsx_v3up.zip from our library, but I think it's the same you have there.

I read the description on simviation, and it says this Addon does not work with DX10.

PS, mrzippy, info about pitot heat for you in the thread below this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, I do have one guess...

Some addon aircraft will display white in dx10 mode. Unfixable.

Completely false.

I use Addon Converter X which allows the use of FS9 planes in FSX DX10 mode.

Steve Parson's DX10 Fixer does the same thing.

Both are payware.

The Dx10 option is only available if fsx is updated with SP1 and SP2

Or when fsx is updated to FSX-Acceleration.

And the graphics card needs to be capable of DX10 also. (most are these days.)

Note that DX10 will not work in Win XP either.

There are a few folks still using that antique. :cool:

All of this could be a moot point anyway as the OP neglected to tell us which sim version they are using, let alone any other specific info.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thank you very much for your assistance. I've been using MS Flt Sim since it was introduced a lot of years ago. But never thought about changing the livery. Your suggestion of checking the appropriate blocks on "Select Aircraft" pick did the trick. Now I can see all of the liveries for the CL 215, and select them at will. I did also uncheck the DX10 block on the Display Settings panel. Now if I can just find out how to "dump" the water from the aircraft, I'll have it made. The water controls do not seem to function. Maybe it's because I'm using FSX? Thanks again! Dick

Thank you very much for your assistance. I've been using MS Flt Sim since it was introduced a lot of years ago. But never thought about changing the livery. Your suggestion of checking the appropriate blocks on "Select Aircraft" pick did the trick. Now I can see all of the liveries for the CL 215, and select them at will. I did also uncheck the DX10 block on the Display Settings panel. Now if I can just find out how to "dump" the water from the aircraft, I'll have it made. The water controls do not seem to function. Maybe it's because I'm using FSX? Thanks again! Dick

Glad you got it to show! If it's the same download as the one I used (from Fkyawaysimulations), my dump works perfectly and now, after a few adjustments, I can dump fire retardant as well!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived