SF.260 Removed

boomtisqwerty

Hello all. I made a thread earlier about the RealAir SF.260 that I got from a friend. I didn't think of using the aircraft from a friend as a form of piracy and I now understand that this is a form of piracy and I have gone ahead to remove the aircraft from my sim. I do not support piracy in any way whatsoever and as I said above, did not think of borrowing the aircraft from a friend as piracy. I am sorry to the admins and anyone else who may have been offended by this thread. What is done now can not be undone and I send my sincere apologies. Thanks,

RyanB

This concept of "piracy" is a can of worms which is overdue to be updated for the internet.

I can buy a book, enjoy it, and give it to a friend. Perfectly legal; though by internet standards the publisher would be able to scream "piracy!" since my friend did not have to purchase his own copy, therefore I cost the publisher a sale.

A couple of years ago I bought a box full of computer odds and ends at a yard sale. Included was a CD containing a couple of payware FS9 aircraft; so I bought some used software, no different from buying a used copy of Office or CorelDraw from ebay. On the disc was a txt file with the registration/validation/activation ...whatever... codes. But these aircraft would not install, and when I contacted the developer's site they all but accused me of piracy. I pointed out even Micro$oft allows people to sell their software used ...but I will throw away the disc (I have) and have no further dealings with this site (I haven't).

Comparing software to books is apples and oranges.

Vary rarely, if ever, do you buy software. You buy a license to use the software, you do not own the software itself. If the software came on discs, you own the media, not the content. Feel free to overwrite the software if you wish/can.

If you buy a used book, the publisher has no additional costs. Though I think most would prefer you buy a new copy instead.

If you buy a used e-book then the publisher may experience additional costs every time you download it. Is that fair?

The challenge is that most of society wants to treat e-merchandise the same way they treat tangible goods. There needs to be accepted differences in how the two are dealt with.

Lastly, most e-merch is cheaper than the hard copy, ever wonder why?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Yes I understand what you are getting at here and I didn't realise that someone lending me an aircraft would be piracy. But now I can understand why that is. Anyways the aircraft is removed from my sim and I just hope that there are no hard feelings. This was an honest mistake and will not happen again. ;)

RyanB

EDIT: Since I uninstalled the Marchetti, do you have any recommendations of aircraft similar to this? Similar detail and performance (fps). payware or freeware

I do like the Marchetti but I don't think that this one meets my demands. You should know that I am stupidly picky and it bugs other people who recommended aircraft to me as well as bugging me because I cant find an aircraft that meets my demands. I think I might have to get the paid Realair Marchetti this time. thanks anyway :)

Very simple: CTRL+E. If you do it manually, check that the fuel flow (red lever below the panel) is on. The mixture needs to be full forward. Turn on the starter. That's it.

BTW I got the Marchetti for € 20 at the German Aerosoft website. The website is also available in English. It was about half the price you usually get it for. Enjoy! It's a great aircraft!

I will definitely be getting it without a doubt now. I am just wondering though. Startup.... extremely hard. haven't managed to do it yet myself do you have any tips?

It's many years since I flew this aircraft and I can't recall how to start it now. However, take a look at this old thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/33257-realair-sf260-fs9-engine-start-problems/

Seems engine starting was a problem which will certainly have been fixed as I never had any problems starting the aircraft myself. I reckon that if you do buy the SF260 then you will find it is OK but you can always contact their support centre - they are one of the best developers out there.

Dijvid

I just bought the SF.260 and let me tell you, it's good to be back in the plane. I have turned up all my setting over to the right and I am still getting over 100 fps at lands end. Loving it! But I am still confused on starting the engine. I managed to get it started once today out of a whole day of flying. So I know it's possible but I can't do it again. Is there like some sort of fix or update for this? Thanks,

Ryan

Archived