windows 8.1 dragging/rearranging files within an aircraft folder question.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

I have recently become a w8 user.

My question...

With Wxp I could open an individual aircraft folder ,within that folder there were the usual sound ,panel ,model ,aircraft cfg folders/files etc.

Sometimes (particularly when I wanted to copy both the panel/sound folders to a new aircraft I would drag and rearrange those two files until they were side by side ,then copy both together)

I have as yet not found away of doing this with w8. If I try to drag and change the position of any of those files within an individual aircraft folder I find I can drag them ,but if I try to reposition them ,they simply return to there previous location.

In the great scheme of possible FS frustrations ,this is small beer ,but if there is a solution( i have not found it by my own twiddling and fiddling of various settings options )I would like to know how tis done.

Cheers

Nearly Spring Hoorah Socks.

This may not answer your question, and I do not have XP at my disposal to try and understand what you can do there.

If you want to copy multiple files/folders, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on them.

If you want to do the same with a range of files/folders, hold down the Shift key while clicking on the first, then last, file/folder in the range.

AFAICR Windows has always had settings that control the order that files are listed in and I do not remember ever having them in a random order. Out of curiosity, what settings did you use in XP?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hello All

I am not sure I have explained myself correctly.

All I am trying to do is this.........

I open a selected aircraft folder (this contains the usual panel ,sound ,model, etc)

Now say the sound folder is next to the model folder ,and then next inline is the panel folder .

Using xp I can drag panel folder around until both sound and panel are adjacent (may take a few goes) and then they are available to copy together and place in a new aircraft folder.

I can't do this in W8.1 I can drag ,but when I release the dragee it just returns to its orig location.

I will continue to tinker.

It ain't THAT a big deal ,but would like to do it anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts chaps

Cheers Andy

I would do it this way.....CTRL then click on the two folders you want, then rt click & select Copy, then go to your new folder & then rt click & select paste.

If your Documents folder display is split in two sections, one can drag across the boundary also.

HTH

Keith

Archived