Multi Crew Experience

usb777

I just downloaded the Multi Crew Experience demo and it seems interesting enough but I can't see any uninstall icon. Do I need to use my computers uninstall feature as well as go in manually to remove everything?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Nope, not there. Puzzling. I know how to remove it manually after I check out the time limit but found it kinda odd. A novice might have a hard time checking for the changes it makes to the FSX program.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Well ,I tried it out and removed it with some difficulty. I think I'll stick with the voice recognition. Less intrusive to the FSX program.

Mike G.

• 4 months later...
Nope, not there. Puzzling. I know how to remove it manually after I check out the time limit but found it kinda odd. A novice might have a hard time checking for the changes it makes to the FSX program.

By default MCE installs outside the simulator folder.

You can remove the Demo the way you would un-install any Windows program.

Go to Windows Control Panel.

Open "add-remove" programs.

Locate MCE in the list and un-install it.

As for what gets changed in the sim...

No files are edited whatsoever, certainly not "Panel.cfg" nor "aircraft.dfg" files. MCE doesn't need that.

We do add the following

fsInsider.dll inside FSX installation folder.

A folder named inside FSX installation folder.

Once MCE is un-installed, the next time the sim is run the folder gets automatically deleted, fsInsider.dll won't load and you'll get a reminder to manually delete "fsInsider.dll

At that point MCE is gone and you're back to pre-MCE installation.

It is the lest disruptive voice control add-on in the sense it doesn't saturate the limited Virtual Address Space of a 32 Bit process (4 GB max) by needlessly running the speech engine inside "fsx.exe" like other products do via a gauge in "panel.cfg".

Only tiny dlls (fsInsider.dll + one and only one of the dlls in folder depending on detected aircraft) run inside the simulator process for better reliability. The heavy part of MCE (including speech engine that it hosts inside "mce.exe" and co-pilot audio) run outside the simulator process.

Supports many popular aircraft. And interfaces with 3 ATC systems (Native ATC, RC4 and PFE)

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Hope this clarifies things.

• 2 years later...

I'm re-setting up my flight sim and updating what I can. I downloaded the MCE v 2.7.4.2 and tried to install it for FSX.

On running the .exe file I get the message ' A previous version of the Multi Crew Experience has been found, please remove previous installation via Windows control panel before installing this one.'

However, it is not present as an entry in my Programmes and Features to uninstall, and I cannot find an 'uninstall file' anywhere.

How can I uninstall the old MCE to be able to install the new one???

Thanks in anticipation

JEff

Hi Jeff,

Have you noted that this a very old thread (2+ years old) ;)....

That said, there is probably an entry from the old install lurking in the windows Registry. Use a registry cleaning tool, such as CCleaner, to scan the registry - it will look for old corrupted and missing registry key values and fix them.....

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
I just downloaded the Multi Crew Experience demo and it seems interesting enough but I can't see any uninstall icon. Do I need to use my computers uninstall feature as well as go in manually to remove everything?

Affirmative, un-install via Windows Control Panel, add remove programs.

Next time you start the simulator, should get a prompt to manually delete a dll (fsInsider.dll) from FSX installation folder. At that point MCE would be gone.

No files are modified inside FSX installation folder.

In order to make ATC more realistic, 2 ATC options are disabled.

- The pilot voice which isn't needed when transmitting to ATC yourself.

- The ATC log. In realm life you don't get that luxury and you're expected to train nyour brain to listen carefully, and eventually take notes.

You can re-enable those options by simply going to FSX menu Options->Settings->General dialog box. Options on the right pane in that dialog box.

Un-install via Windows Control Panel, add-remove programs.

Next time you run the sim, you'll get a reminder to manually delete fsInsider.dll from FSX installation folder. At which point you're back to your original FSX setup, except for the following...

In order to make FSX ATC more realistic, 2 options in ATC settings are disabled. You can restore them by simply going to FSX menu Options->Settings->General dialog box. Things like ATC text logging or the pilot voice which you don't want to shadow your own transmission.

No files are modified inside FSX installation folder. Not even "panel.cfg" or "aircraft.cfg"

MCE installs outside the simulator folder and runs as an external process "mce.exe" for better stability of the simulator, and to prevent the speech engine taking a slice of the valuable VAS memory.

With this design, should anything go wrong with MCE or the speech engine it hoists inside "mce.exe", your flight, the most important thing, will hardly, if ever. be compromised.

Thank you for trying MCE.

Demo available here:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Archived