Cant seem to adjust the eyepoint view

sidfadc

Hi guys,

I know what the keys are to adjust the eyepoint view but it doesnt seem to do anything to my default view no matter if i move up down left or right? Is the adjustment small and you have to keep the keys pressed for a long time? I'm a newbie and I mainly fly VFR. Im struggling to locate the runway visually on my descent because i cant see over the cockpit dashboard. Any tips?

Edit: i use the 2D cockpit view most of the time, does the eyepoint adjustment only work with the 3D view?

Cheers

Thomas

Ctrl+Q to move the viewing area up to see over the panel. Ctrl+shift+Q to go the other way. YES, hold the keys for several seconds because the movement is small.

This is for when your are in the 2D panel mode.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

For landing, you can toggle to the minipanel view by pressing the 'W' key (pressing W again will cycle back to 2D panel view). This is a 'quick' view change using a single key.

Chuck B

Napamue

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

In addition, by making these changes in Cameras.cfg, you can use the hat-switch to do the same

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Cockpit
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
[color=#ff0000][b]SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
[/b][/color]Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=2

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

In 2D view I never adjust the eyepoint. Instead I make the panel a bit smaller. Still readable, and you can look over it easily.

2 Ways:

-1- Most panels have a spot at the very top, where you can grab them with the mouse, and drag down the top of the panel to the required size:

Example, Beech Baron 56:

Panel transparency 0% - beech 2D -Arrow marks where to grab the panel.

BB58 2D resize1.jpg

Dragged down - transparency 0%.

BB58 2D resize2.jpg

-2- Some panels have the point you grab at the bottom. Those are a bit harder to adjust.

Example: The Maule Orion.

Grab the bottom of the panel.

Drag that up to resize.

Then click on an empty spot somewhere in the middle of the panel (no clickspot) and drag the entire panel down to line up with the bottom of the screen.

As you see, when you resize the panel and make it smaller, you may see that there is only "sky" drawn in the top half of your screen. The lower half, behind/just above, the panel it is black.

This is normal in fsx. With the panel at full size, that part is not needed and it would be wasted to try and display it. As it is covered by the panel anyway.

But now, you do want that extra screen area displayed.

Simple fix: Press >Alt

The result:

Beech Baron56 -- resized--transparency 20%.

BB58 2D resize3.jpg

Enjoy!

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As mentioned, the above technique doesn't work for panels which have overhead portions at the top of the screen.

Please note the seat positioning keys do not work in the 2D panel view, because the seat position is a *3D* command only available in the 3D pit. In 3D you are able to move the pilot around.

By default, the 2D pit only as *tilt* available (slew the PANEL up or down using the Q key commands.) In 2D you cannot move the pilot around, but you can tilt the 2D panel to move it out of the way by small increments.

This command is particularly useful in the SR-71 when landing because that plane lands with a 9-10 degree nose up. In high quality planes, the 3D view is usually the best for landing and take off and if the 2D panel is more detailed or full featured, use that view the rest of the time.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived