VFR cargo flight, Glacier Bay, Alaska

Someone on Facebok, from an FS themed group, brought this scenery to my attention (available in the File Library), "Glacier Bay" by Holger Sandmann, for FS9. Somehow, I've never heard of it, despite me being a VFR scenery hunter. And so I've had my first flight with it, hauling stuff from RAWL to a small plateau on the other end of the scenery, across the mountains, peaks and valleys covered by this scenery. I luv it, it really is something.

Getting ready for today's flight at RAWL

Image 003.jpg

Above the snowy peaks

Image 013.jpg

Image 017.jpg

Image 023.jpg

Image 024.jpg

I just luv those valleys...

Image 028.jpg

I often got closer to the terrain features (mostly natural skyscrapers) to see them up close

Image 031.jpg

Image 033.jpg

A group of ice floes got my attention down there. I actually descended to them to get a better view of them

Image 036.jpg

The natural red (white) carpet, surrounded by natural fence, leading me to my destination

Image 040.jpg

Short final at the destination plateau with some gorgeous mountain visible in the background

Image 048.jpg

Resting abit before heading back home...or...back to work...

Image 046.jpg

More pics from this flight here, here and here.

See ya'll in da skies:pilot:

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Thanks folks, I'll take a look at Holger' other stuff. Somehow, this developer has never been detected by my VFR scenery-hunting "radars".

UPDATE: A quick browse through my scenery collection reveals a few mesh addons made by Holger, so he's no stranger to my FS after all.

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

:D Great collection of screenshots, Dorel. I'm glad you discovered the Glacier Bay Scenery package - you will definitely enjoy it for many years to come. So many places to explore and discover on your flights!

KCD is correct - do a search for Holger's work... there's a lot of it out there. He is working with Orbx FTX now, designing the spectacular scenery that is their unique style. :pilot: ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Thanks again folks. I've only recently noticed I actually have the Austrian mesh made by Holger, been having it for about half a year I think, but I forgot who the author was. I've been searching these days for Holger's stuff both on avsim and here on FlightSim, I like them all, but Glacier Bay remains my favorite.:)
kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived